CCEtraining_final_cbse_ppt1

Information about CCEtraining_final_cbse_ppt1

Published on August 2, 2014

Author: srinivasbabaladi

Source: authorstream.com

Content

PowerPoint Presentation: EXAMINATION REFORMS AND CONTINUOUS AND COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION A CBSE INITIATIVE Examination Reforms A Historical Perspective: Examination Reforms A Historical Perspective PowerPoint Presentation: External Examinations ‘ are largely inappropriate for the knowledge society of the 21st century and its need for innovative problem solvers‘ Evaluation of Scholastic learning only on marks. Ability of child not evaluated. Limited Techniques of Evaluation do not identify learner’s level of attainment. Resulting in Pass/Fail. Causing frustration and humiliation . WHY CONTINUOUS COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION PowerPoint Presentation: MODULE -1 ICE BREAKER KEYWORDS TASK : TASK Each participant in the group has been given a Key Word. Reflect on the Key Word. The Participant will introduce himself/ herself using this language. I am (name) from (name of school). To me the word --------- means ----------- You have 30 seconds to introduce yourself. COMMONLY USED WORDS: COMMONLY USED WORDS DIAGNOSTIC School Based Evaluation HOLISTIC CONTINUOUS Comprehensive Formative assessment descriptive indicator Self awareness RATING SCALE Skills CO SCHOLASTIC LEARNER PROFILE Lateral Thinking Aptitude SCHOLASTIC Life Skills Thinking Skills Summative Assessment PERIODICITY REMEDIAL FEEDBACK Project Techniques & tools of evaluation indicators of assessment attitudes anecdotal RECORD portfolio HOLISTIC COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL BASED ASSESSMENT: HOLISTIC COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL BASED ASSESSMENT SCIENCE LIFE SKILLS ENGLISH MATHS SOCIAL SCIENCE SUPW MUSIC COMPUTERS ART DANCE SPORTS SCHOOL VALUES & ATTITUDES LANGUAGES LATERAL THINKING LIFE SKILLS THINKING SKILLS: LATERAL THINKING LIFE SKILLS THINKING SKILLS AEROPLANES LIVING THINGS BUILDINGS CARS TREES BIRDS SCHOLASTIC: SCHOLASTIC SOCIAL SCIENCE HEALTH & PHYSICAL EDUCATION/GAMES MATHS SCIENCE LANGUAGES ART EDUCATION WORK EXPERIENCE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY HOME SCIENCE PAINTING MUSIC COMMERCE/ ACCOUNTANCY BOOK KEEPING CO-SCHOLASTIC: CO-SCHOLASTIC OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES ATTITUDE & VALUES CREATIVE & LITERARY PERFORMING ARTS LIFE SKILLS SCIENTIFIC AESTHETIC CLUBS (ECO & HEALTH ) CONTINUOUS EVALUATION: CONTINUOUS EVALUATION PERIODICITY: PERIODICITY GRADING DESCRIPTIVE INDICATORS: GRADING DESCRIPTIVE INDICATORS A+ B C D B + A DIAGNOSTIC: DIAGNOSTIC SCHOOL CLINIC BALANCED DIET REMEDIAL TOOLS OF EVALUATION : REMEDIAL TOOLS OF EVALUATION STAIRCASE LEARNER PROFILE: LEARNER PROFILE FEEDBACK: FEEDBACK STUDENTS PARENTS TEACHERS PowerPoint Presentation: MODULE 2 DECONSTRUCTING THE CIRCULAR CBSE – 09/39- 40 WHAT IS CONTINUOUS COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION ?: WHAT IS CONTINUOUS COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION ? Continuous and Comprehensive evaluation refers to a system of school based assessment that covers all aspects of student’s development . It emphasizes two fold objectives. Continuity in evaluation and assessment of broad based learning. Behavioral out come. FEATURES OF CCE: FEATURES OF CCE Continuous Continual—from the beginning and during the instructional process Periodicity—frequency /term PowerPoint Presentation: Comprehensive Scholastic - Subject specific areas. Co-Scholastic - Life skills, attitudes & values and other co curricular activities Includes a variety of tools and techniques for assessment of the learners. PowerPoint Presentation: Scholastic Academic Work experience Physical and Health Education Art Education Co Scholastic Life Skills Attitudes and Values Outdoor Activities PowerPoint Presentation: Assessment which is carried throughout the year by the teacher formally and informally It is diagnostic and remedial Scholastic Evaluation Formative Assessment : End of term or end of the year exams Feedback on learning (assessment of learning) to teacher and parents Summative Assessment: PowerPoint Presentation: FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT (FA) Will comprise of : Class work Homework Oral questions Quizzes Projects Assignments/Tests PowerPoint Presentation: SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT(SA) Will be Term End Examination: Curriculum and syllabus as circulated by the board Question papers to be prepared by schools as per the CBSE format and have to be only from the Question Bank to be sent by CBSE. Exam to be conducted by schools Evaluation of Answer scripts will be done within the school. CLASS IX : CLASS IX Academic year will have 2 terms - FIRST TERM : April to September 2009 SECOND TERM: October to March 2010 PowerPoint Presentation: ASSESSMENT FOR AN ACADEMIC YEAR Term I – FA1 and FA2 SA1 Term II - FA3 and FA4 SA2 FINAL Assessment- FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4 10+ 10+ 10+ 10 = 40% SA1+ SA2 20 + 40 = 60% TOTAL = 100% PowerPoint Presentation: SCHEME OF GRADING SCHOLASTIC & CO- SCHOLASTIC The Board has already in A phased manner introduced the grading system based on absolute marks up to class VIII. CBSE has decided to introduce the following GRADING SYSTEM . GRADING SYSTEM for SCHOLASTIC -A: GRADING SYSTEM for SCHOLASTIC -A MARKS GRADE GRADE POINT 91—100 A1 10 81—90 A2 9 71—80 B1 8 61—70 B2 7 51—60 C1 6 41—50 C2 5 33—40 D 4 21—32 E1 ---- 20 & below E2 ---- Operational Modalities 1 : Operational Modalities 1 Grades on a 9 point scale will be awarded. Performance will be assessed using conventional numerical marking and same will be converted into grades. The CBSE will issue a statement of Subject wise performance i.e. Grade Sheet (NO MARKS) for class X students studying in secondary schools In case a student leaves the CBSE system after having completed the Final Formative and Summative Assessments in the school he / she will be allowed to appear for the Boards (pen paper / online) EXTERNAL EXAMINATION. Further, for those students who wish to assess themselves, after having given the final Summative Assessment in the school, an ON DEMAND PROFICIENCY TEST is available online which is different from the EXTERNAL EXAMINATION conducted by the board. Operational Modalities 2 : The CCE card will apply throughout the CBSE schools in the country for admission to class XI. In addition, schools can have their own criteria. Students will only be promoted on the basis of both Formative and Summative Assessments both of which are mandatory. Percentile Rank will be given on demand by the CBSE for the students who appear in the external examination conducted by the Board Operational Modalities 2 What is Percentile Ranking ?: What is Percentile Ranking ? NO. OF STUDENTS IN A CLASS= 40 SCORE OF STUDENT ‘A’ = 80% NO. OF STUDENTS BELOW HIM= 22 PERCENTILE RANKING OF STUDENT A NO. OF STUDENTS BELOW ( A ) TOTAL NUMBER OF STUDENTS X 100 22 40 X 100 = 55 PERCENTILE RANK Percentile – A percentile rank is the percentage of scores that fall below a given score. To find the percentile rank of a score x, out of a set of n scores, where x is not included, use. LETS TAKE AN EXAMPLE … PowerPoint Presentation: GRADING SYSTEM Minimize misclassification of students on the basis of marks. Eliminate unhealthy cut throat competition among high achievers. Reduce societal pressure and provide the learner with more flexibility. Lead to a better learning environment. ADVANTAGES GRADES Work Experience Art Education Physical Education Life skills: GRADES Work Experience Art Education Physical Education Life skills GRADE A+ A B+ B C *Indicators are given in the Teachers’ Manual on CCE GRADES Attitudes & Values Participation & Achievement Health & Physical Education: GRADES Attitudes & Values Participation & Achievement Health & Physical Education GRADE A+ A B *Indicators are given in the Teachers’ Manual on CCE PowerPoint Presentation: GRADING SCALE FOR SCHOOL ASSESSMENT Assessment areas: Part 1 A : Scholastic 9 Part 1 B : Scholastic 5 Part 2 : Co-Scholastic Part 2 A : Life Skills 5 Part 2 B : Attitudes & Values 3 Part 3 : Co-Scholastic Part 3 A: Co-curricular Activities 3 Part 3 B :Health & Physical Education 3 GRADING SCALE (Point) ASSESSMENT FOR STD IX 2009-2010(On-going session) : ASSESSMENT FOR STD IX 2009-2010(On-going session) CCE will be for Second Term only and will continue in Std X. Report Card to be issued by the school Model Report Card (Optional) view. Report Card to reflect -Formative assessment -Summative assessment In both Scholastic & Co-scholastic areas Starting with the 2009 Batch (if the school is Senior Secondary – upto Std. XII) NO BOARD EXAM in Std. X CONTINUATION OF STD IX IN STD X 2010-2011: CONTINUATION OF STD IX IN STD X 2010-2011 Certificate of Continuous and Comprehensive evaluation to be issued on pre-printed Board stationery. Once completed for both years (IX & X) to be sent to the Regional office for signature of Board official. CURRENT STD X 2009-2010 (On-going Session): CURRENT STD X 2009-2010 (On-going Session) CBSE will conduct the std X 2010 examination. The Question Paper format, Marking Scheme and Weightage of School Based Assessment will remain the same as per past practice. New grading system will be implemented. The CBSE will issue a statement of Subject Wise performance i.e. a Grade Sheet (NO MARKS) for Class X examination 2010. It may be noted that CBSE will continue to issue the Grade Sheet for Std. X students studying in Secondary schools. Syllabus and examination as per Secondary School Curriculum Document 2010. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS XI – 2011 Onwards: ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS XI – 2011 Onwards Declaration of compartment / fail shall be discontinued. Candidates have to obtain qualifying grades (D & above) in 3 Compulsory subjects and any 2 languages English / Hindi being one of them. For differently abled children refer to Circular No. 40 – 3 E. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS XI – 2011 Onwards (Continued): ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS XI – 2011 Onwards (Continued) Candidates obtaining E1 / E2 in a subject will have the option to improve their performance through subsequent attempts. Those who qualify (attain D or above ) shall be eligible for promotion Candidates who are not able to get grades (D & above) shall not be permitted for admission to Class XI. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS XI – 2011 Onwards (Continued): ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS XI – 2011 Onwards (Continued) The Board will offer an online aptitude test (optional) that may also be used as a tool along with the grades obtained in the CCE to help students decide the choice of subjects in Std XI. Proposed to be available twice -end of std IX. -end of std X . Humanities Science Commerce ADMISSION IN STD XI 2011-2012: ADMISSION IN STD XI 2011-2012 Current CCE certificate will be relied upon Allocation of subject stream to be based on: -Scholastic performance -Co- Scholastic achievements -Aptitude test (optional) Students of the same school may be given preference over students coming from other schools. CBSE HELPLINE: CBSE HELPLINE The various issued raised and their solutions will be available in the form of FAQs. Further clarification can be sought on CBSE website www.cbse.nic.in by posting queries on the “Interact with Chairman” . Comprehensive guidelines of various aspects of CCE will be available in the Teachers Manual which will also be posted on the CBSE website. REQUEST TO SCHOOLS: REQUEST TO SCHOOLS Explain the new scheme to parents, teachers and students. Create awareness and sensitize them. PowerPoint Presentation: TASK We have taken you through the power point on the circular. There is a small task before you. You can refer to the circular briefly before filling in the blanks Work in pairs You have 10-15 minutes for the task. Cross-check your answers with those provided. PowerPoint Presentation: Handout Answers Deconstructing the Circular No. 39-40 Answers CCE will cover the scholastic and co scholastic areas of school education. The two types of assessment referred to in the circular are formative and summative. The periodicity of the two types of assessment are four and twice a year respectively. Formative Assessment totals to 40% weightage. Summative Assessment totals to 60% weightage. There are nine grades in Part A of Scholastic assessment and Part B of the same assessment has five grades. Summative assessment covers non academic areas like attitudes and skills and there are three grades. If a student secures Grade 6 in the academic areas his/her marks would range from 51% to 60% . CCE advocates absolute grading. This means that Grade 9 would imply an A2 grade. The academic term will be divided into two terms. Continued…… PowerPoint Presentation: Class IX and X 2010-2011 1. Which report cards are to be used? Report cards issued by the school ., 2. Who will sign the completed CCE cards in class X for 2011? The Board, the Principal and the Student . 3. Which document has the syllabus and examination specifications? Syllabus and Examination as per Secondary School Curriculum Document 2010 . 4. How can the board help for selection of subjects in class XI? By holding aptitude tests . 5. When would this help be available? Twice a year PowerPoint Presentation: MODULE 3 JIGSAW READING OF TEACHERS MANUAL ON SCHOOL BASED ASSESSMENT PowerPoint Presentation: TASK Refer to Teachers Training Manual (CHAPTERS 1 TO 6) Read through the Chapter assigned to your group carefully. List the main points as a group You have 15 minutes for this task. One member of each group will briefly present for 3 minutes You may suggest modifications PowerPoint Presentation: Group 1- CHAPTER1 : Continuous And Comprehensive Evaluation Group 2- CHAPTER 2 : School Based Continuous And Comprehensive Evaluation Group 3- CHAPTER 3 : CCE in Secondary Schools Group 4- Chapter 4 : Assessing Co-scholastic Areas . . Group 5-Chapter 5 : Techniques And Tools Of Evaluation. Group 6- Chapter 6 : Implications For School PowerPoint Presentation: PLACE OF EVALUATION IN THE CURRICULUM CURRICULUM EFFECTIVENESS EVALUATION TEACHING LEARNING CONTINUOUS EVALUATION TRANSACTION PowerPoint Presentation: PLACE OF ASSESSMENT IN THE CURRICULUM EFFECTIVENESS REMEDIATION ENHANCEMENT DIAGNOSIS ASSESSMENT PowerPoint Presentation: SELF EVALUATION FEEDBACK RETESTING CORRECTIVE MEASURES DIAGNOSIS REGULARITY WHAT SHOULD BE ASSESSED?: WHAT SHOULD BE ASSESSED? SKILL BEHAVIOUR MOTIVATION APPLICATION RETENTION SUBJECT AREAS SOCIAL – ENVIRONMENT ISSUES INTERESTS ATTITUDES RESPONSE SCHOOL INTELLECTUAL PHYSICAL SOCIO-EMOTIONAL HEALTH LIFE SKILLS VALUES CREATIVITY AESTHETICS CLUBS YOGA FIRST AID WHAT IS ASSESSMENT?: TEACHER PERIODICITY CONTINUOUS DIAGNOSTIC ADDRESSES LEARNING STYLES REMEDIAL TEACHING REVIEW WHAT IS ASSESSMENT? FORMATIVE SUMMATIVE NO OPEN COMPARISION STUDENT SELF ESTEEM SELF EVALUATION UNDERSTANDING OF EVALUATION IMPROVEMENT PEER SUPPORT WHEN ASSESSMENT SUMMATIVE?: GRADE/ SCALE COGNITIVE & PSYCHOMOTOR AREA AGE APPROPRIATE PROFILE REPORT WHEN ASSESSMENT SUMMATIVE? SUMS UP – GIVEN POINT OF TIME MARKS UNHEALTHY COMPETITION UNFAIR UNSCIENTIFIC OVEREMPHASIS ON SCHOLASTIC INFORMATION COLLECTION POSITIVE FEEDBACK MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION LABELLING COMPARING NEGATIVITY DO’S DONT’S TEACHERS UNDERSTANDING ASSESSMENT: TEACHERS UNDERSTANDING ASSESSMENT KNOWLEDGE SKILLS POSITIVE ATTITUDE VALUE EXPECTED LEARNING PROGRESS ACHIEVEMENT IN SUBJECT REASON FOR ASSESSMENT: VISION OF GOOD QUALITY LEARNING CONSTRUCTIVIST LEARNING OWN PACE ACTIVITY-BASED CONTINUOUS CONSTRUCT KNOWLEDGE EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING SPIRAL MISTAKES PowerPoint Presentation: MODULE 4 ASSESSMENT CLASSES IX & X PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES ASSESSMENT CONSISTS OF: ASSESSMENT CONSISTS OF FORMATIVE SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT AREAS SCHOLASTIC CO-SCHOLASTIC PowerPoint Presentation: Science Mathematics Scholastic Areas Social Sciences Language II Language I ACADEMICS (9 POINT SCALE) CO-CURRICULAR (5 POINT SCALE) Work Experience Art Education Physical and Health Education / Games Addl. Optional Information Technology Home Science PowerPoint Presentation: School Programmes School Property Co-Scholastic Areas Environment Students/Peers Towards Teachers Attitudes and Values (3 POINT SCALE) Emotional Skills Social Skills Participation & Achievements (3 POINT SCALE) Scientific Life Skills (5 POINT SCALE ) Thinking Skills Yoga Creative Aesthetic Health & Physical Education (3 POINT SCALE) NCC / NSS First Aid Swimming Clubs PowerPoint Presentation: Tools & Techniques Oral Questions Assignments Research Work (group) Quizzes Conversation Skills Assessment Projects Questions Observation Checklist Portfolio Narrative records Photographs/ Videos Paintings/ Artistic Endeavour Observation Essays Self Assessment Peer Assessment Rating Scales Narrative Reports Assessment - Design: Assessment - Design April – July July- Sept Sept Oct –Dec Dec- Mar Mar FA1 FA2 SA1 FA3 FA4 SA2 10% 10% 20% 10% 10% 40% Scholastic: Scholastic Formative Summative What is Formative Assessment: What is Formative Assessment What does it mean? How does it help the teacher and the student? Formative Assessment : Formative Assessment Informs teacher where the need/problem lies. Focus on problem area. Helps teacher give specific feedback Provide relevant support Plan the next step For the Teacher For the Student Helps student identify the problem areas Provides feedback and support. Helps to improve performance Provides opportunity to improve performance Remedial Diagnostic TEACHERS SHOULD KEEP IN MIND: TEACHERS SHOULD KEEP IN MIND Use a variety of tools (oral, projects, presentations) . Understand different learning styles and abilities. Share the assessment criteria with the students. Allow peer and self assessment. Give an opportunity to the student to improve. A Successful Formative Assessment Scheme : A Successful Formative Assessment Scheme Plan all assessment Focus on formative assessment Share learning outcomes and assessment expectations with students Use clearly defined criteria Use examples and exemplars PowerPoint Presentation: Give specific feedback Incorporate student self assessment Students keep a record of their progress Teachers keep records of student progress A Successful Formative Assessment Scheme Summative Assessment: Summative Assessment End of term or end of the year exams. Feedback on learning to teacher and parents PowerPoint Presentation: SCHOLASTIC - A SUBJECTS SKILLS SUMMATIVE Hindi English Social Science Science Mathematics Add. Subject Analysis Problem Solving Use of I.T. Correlation to real life Comprehension Expression Creativity Data Handling Oral Listening, Writing Questions Examination Short Answer Very Short Answer Essay MCQ Data Interpretation Observation Conversation Project Essay Elocution Question Test FORMATIVE TOOLS & TECHNIQUES ADDITIONAL SUBJECTS Information Tech. Home Science Painting Music Others PowerPoint Presentation: Single Double Key/Check List Type of Questions for Formative & Summative assessment Matching Type Multiple Choice Type Alternative Response Type True/False Yes / No Right/Wrong Question Form Incomplete Statement Fill in the blank Matrix Type of Questions for Formative & Summative assessment Scholastic Assessment Formative and Summative Assessment – [FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4] : Scholastic Assessment Formative and Summative Assessment – [FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4] Subjec t LANGUAGE Skills Oral & Listening Writing Comprehension Mode of Assessment Dialogue Conversations Speeches (Debating recitation) Quiz, Essays Research Projects Group work Assignments Research Projects Question papers Teacher’s Role Diagnostic / remediation Portfolio / Received maintained month / term / academic year. Identify areas in which students need additional practice Checklist maintained Observation Schedules – Anecdotal records : Example of Formative Assessment- Debating on a topic which could be connected to the Curriculum / Social Environment. – SKILLLS -Oral and listening Scholastic Assessment Formative Assessment & Summative Assessment : Scholastic Assessment Formative Assessment & Summative Assessment Subjec t MATHEMATICS Skills Analysis Problem Solving Critical Thinking Decision making Data Handling Use of IT Mode of Assessment Home Assignment Worksheets Seminar Symposium Group Discussion / Activity Project Survey Math lab activities Math events Written Assignment Written Test Assignment Teacher’s Role Diagnostic / remediation Portfolio / Received maintained month / term / academic year. Identify areas in which students need additional practice Checklist maintained Observation Schedules – Anecdotal records Facilitate peer assessment & self assessment (Diagnostic) Example of Formative Assessment: Topic for class IX- “ Climate change-temperature and rainfall patterns in Delhi for the last 5 years” SKILLS-Data handling, analysis, use of IT. - Scholastic Assessment Formative Assessment & Summative Assessment : Scholastic Assessment Formative Assessment & Summative Assessment Subjec t Science Skills Observation & Investigation Exploration Deductive and analytical Correlation to real life environment Analysis Use of IT Concept understanding Mode of Assessment Projects Survey Model & Charts Group Work Research Worksheets Seminar Group Discussion / Activity Symposium Science lab activities Written Test Assignment Teacher’s Role Diagnostic / remediation Portfolio / Received maintained month / term / academic year. Identify areas in which students need additional practice Checklist maintained Observation Schedules – Anecdotal records Facilitate peer assessment & self assessment (Diagnostic) Example : Assigning a project to Class IX on “ Water Conservation – Through a survey collect information regarding wastage and shortage of water in your locality and providing the action plan for the same ”. Skills : Investigative and analysis, Concept Understanding , Correlation to real life environment, Use of IT and etc. Scholastic Assessment Formative Assessment & Summative Assessment : Scholastic Assessment Formative Assessment & Summative Assessment Subjec t Social Science Skills Investigation Deductive and analytical Correlation to real life environment Analysis Use of IT Concept understanding Mode of Assessment Commentaries Project Model & Charts Group Work Research Worksheets Seminar Group Discussion / Activity Survey Written Test Assignments Teacher’s Role Diagnostic / remediation Portfolio / Received maintained month / term / academic year. Identify areas in which students need additional practice Checklist maintained Observation Schedules – Anecdotal records Facilitate peer assessment & self assessment (Diagnostic) TASK: TASK In your group design a group task for students of class X on “ Democratic Rights are yet to be a reality in India- Challenges and Issues” Identify the SKILLS, TECHNIQUES and TOOLS which would be used for FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT(10 mins.) Present your ideas in 3 minutes. PART – B ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE – SCHOLASTIC AREA: This assessment will be entered once in a year on the basis of the descriptors WORK EXPERIENCE ART EDUCATION PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION/GAMES Grading for this part on a 5 point scale: A+ A B+ B and C PART – B ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE – SCHOLASTIC AREA WORK EXPERIENCE – INDICATORS: WORK EXPERIENCE – INDICATORS Collaborative approach Innovative ideas Planning and adhering to timelines Involvement and motivation Positive attitude Guide and facilitate others Sharing of ideas and being receptive to new ideas Correlate with real life situations OBSERVATION PORTFOLIO VIDEOS NARRATIVE RECORDS CHECKLIST ART EDUCATION INDICATORS: ART EDUCATION INDICATORS Innovative and creative approach Exhibits aesthetic sensibilities Observation skills Interpretation and originality Correlation with real life Willingness to experiment with different art modes/ mediums Appreciate work of peers Awareness and appreciation of works of artists OBSERVATION PORTFOLIO VIDEOS NARRATIVE RECORDS CHECKLIST PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION/GAMES INDICATORS: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION/GAMES INDICATORS Appreciation and understanding of good physical health Involvement in sports/physical education programs Team work Knowledge of different sports and rules of games Exhibits motivation and leadership Skills of coordination, agility and balance Awareness of rules of safety Evidence of being self disciplined OBSERVATION PORTFOLIO VIDEOS NARRATIVE RECORDS CHECKLIST PowerPoint Presentation: CO- SCHOLASTIC Skill Technique Tool Thinking Observation Conversation Self Assessment through Checklist Narrative records, Indicators Social Observation Checklist – Peer Assessment, Indicators Emotional Observation Conversation Narrative records, Indicators 2A LIFE SKILLS PowerPoint Presentation: PART 2 – CO-SCHOLASTIC AREAS 2A-LIFE SKILLS THINKING SOCIAL EMOTIONAL PowerPoint Presentation: THINKING SKILLS Student demonstrates the ability to: Be original, flexible and imaginative. Raise question, identify and analyze problems. Implement a well thought out decision and take responsibility. Generate new ideas with fluency. Elaborate / build on new ideas Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B+ Few indicators in a skill B Very few indicators in a skill C INDICATORS : THINKING SKILLS – A CHECKLIST: THINKING SKILLS – A CHECKLIST Does the student show creativity during class activities? Does she/he accept the challenge enthusiastically? Does he/she try to give new ideas or concepts and try to go beyond conditioned setups? Does he/she ask questions related to the set task? Does he/she create doubts by asking irrelevant things away from the task? Does he/she try to help others or motivate others during group activity? Does he/she try to volunteer for special assignments? Does he/she try different ways of doing a single activity? Does he/she like to think out of the box? Does he/she try to apply knowledge or skills in new situations? Does he/she think about all the possible options before starting a task? PowerPoint Presentation: SOCIAL Student demonstrates the ability to: Identify, verbalize and respond effectively to other’s emotions in an empathetic manner. Get along well with others . Take criticism positively. Listen actively. Communicate using appropriate words, intonation and body language. Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B+ Few indicators in a skill B Very few indicators in a skill C INDICATORS : SOCIAL SKILLS – A CHECKLIST: SOCIAL SKILLS – A CHECKLIST Does he/she show patience during a group task for slow learners to complete their task? Does he/she try to help a classmate who is feeling low or who's unable to cope up the given work? Does he/she appreciate the ideas and qualities of others? Does he/she feel comfortable sharing his ideas with others? Does the child always like to be appreciated? Does he/she come and ask how to correct the mistakes the teacher pointed out in his work? Does the student maintain a comfortable level of eye contact? Does the student interrupt to tell his own stories/give his opinion/offers unasked advice? Does he/she try to break rules setup for the task by using rude language? Does he/she try to exhibit negative behavior and upset others? PowerPoint Presentation: EMOTIONAL Student demonstrates the ability to: Identify own strength and weakness. Be comfortable with self and overcome weakness for positive self – concept. Identify causes and effects of stress on oneself. Develop and use multi-faceted strategies to deal with stress. Express and respond to emotions with an awareness of the consequences. Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B+ Few indicators in a skill B Very few indicators in a skill C INDICATORS : EMOTIONAL SKILLS- A CHECKLIST: EMOTIONAL SKILLS- A CHECKLIST During an activity / competition does the child often say, ‘ I’ll never win, I’m just not a lucky person?’ Does he / she choose an activity / task according to his ability during a group work? Does he / she scream at the classmates when he is angry or disturbed? Does he / she try to do the task again, is declared unsuccessful in the first attempt? Does he / she try to improve weaker areas by putting regular practice? Does he / she try to take help of teacher / partner under difficult situations? Does he / she try to get secluded when under stress? Does he / she try to take up some healthy activity like reading, gardening or playing during the stressful time? Does he / she become argumentative during discussions? Does he / she show disrespect to the system or discipline of the class / school. PowerPoint Presentation: Skill Technique Tool Teachers Observation Conversation Checklist , Indicators School Mates Observation Checklist – Peer Assessment, Indicators School Programme Observation Photographs, Narrative records, Self Assessment, Portfolio, Indicators Value System Observation Checklist, Narrative records, Self Assessment, Indicators Environment Project Observation Narrative records, Portfolio, Indicators ATTITUDES & VALUES PowerPoint Presentation: Towards Teachers Towards school mates Towards School Programmes Towards Environment Value Systems PART 2B : ATTITUDES AND VALUES PowerPoint Presentation: INDICATORS : Shows respect and courtesy at all times Demonstrates attitudes that are positive and conducive to learning Takes criticism in the right spirit Respects and follows class, teacher and school rules TOWARDS TEACHERS Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B PowerPoint Presentation: Shares a healthy rapport with peers Is able to interact and communicate effectively Receptive to ideas and opinions of others in a group Sensitive to differences among peers in – ability, religious beliefs, gender, culture etc. Is kind and helpful Able to inspire members of the class or peer group TOWARDS SCHOOL MATES Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Is punctual and regular in attending school Participates and volunteers often for school programmes Delivers a job assigned effectively and responsibly Displays a healthy school spirit Displays leadership skills Inspires others to participate in school programmes TOWARDS SCHOOL PROGRAMMES Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Respects school property Is environmentally sensitive Participates in activities relating to care for the environment Takes the initiative and plans activities directed towards the betterment of the environment TOWARDS ENVIRONMENT Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Understands the need for rules Honest and ethical Respects diversity (culture, opinions, beliefs, abilities) Displays commitment Works efficiently, respecting time, his/her own and others’ Displays a positive attitude towards peers, adults and community Displays spirit of citizenship VALUE SYSTEMS Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Skill Technique Tool Literary / Creative , Aesthetic/ Performing, Clubs Observation Conversation, Project, Competition Photo, Video, Portfolio, Narrative records PARTICIPATION& ACHIEVEMENT PowerPoint Presentation: PART-3 CO-SCHOLASTIC AREAS PARTICIPATION ACHIEVEMENT Literary and Creative skills Scientific skills Clubs (Eco, Health and Wellness and others) PART 3– CO-SCHOLASTIC AREAS Aesthetic Skills and Performing Arts PowerPoint Presentation: INDICATORS Reads and shows a high degree of awareness Is able to appreciate well written/spoken pieces in all genres (prose, poetry, plays). Is able to explain why they enjoy a particular piece Is able to express ideas/opinions creatively in different forms Displays originality of ideas and opinions LITERARY AND CREATIVE SKILLS Most indicators in a skill A+ Many indicators in a skill A Some indicators in a skill B Debate, Declamation, Creative Writing, Recitation, Drawing, Poster – Making, Slogan Writing, Theatre PowerPoint Presentation: Is a keen observer and makes mature deductions Displays good experimental skills and a practical knowledge of various everyday phenomena Is able to apply Science in everyday context eg; Setting the stage lights for the school play Displays a scientific temperament SCIENTIFIC SKILLS Science Club, Projects, Maths Club, Science Quiz, Science Exhibition, Olympiads INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Is able to appreciate well written/ spoken pieces in all genres (prose, poetry, plays) and all languages Is able to explain why he/she enjoy a particular piece Shows a keen interest and an aptitude towards a particular art form. Is able to apply skills to performances/art forms Displays creative expression and a good presentation piece AESTHETIC SKILLS AND PERFORMING ARTS Music (Vocal, Instrumental), Dance, Drama, Craft, Sculpture, Puppetry, Folk art INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Displays originality of ideas and the ability to see them through Delivers job assigned effectively CLUBS (ECO, HEALTH & WELLNESS AND OTHERS) INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Activity Technique Tool Yoga Observation, Project Checklist , Indicators Gymnastics Observation Checklist – Peer Assessment, Indicators Gardening Observation Photographs, Narrative records, Self Assessment, Portfolio, Indicators First Aid Observation Project Checklist, Narrative records, Portfolio, Indicators Swimming Project Observation Narrative records, Portfolio, Indicators HEALTH & PHYSICAL EDUCATION PowerPoint Presentation: Part-3 Group B Health and Physical Education NCC/NSS/Scouting and Guiding Swimming Gymnastics Yoga First aid Gardening PowerPoint Presentation: COMMON INDICATORS Displays an innate talent in particular sport. Demonstrates Physical qualities needed Endurance , Strength, Speed, Flexibility and stamina. Shows good hand-eye coordination Demonstrates an analytic aptitude required and reacts appropriately to strategic situations Demonstrates sportsmanship Displays a healthy team and school spirit Discipline for practice Has undergone training and coaching Has represented a team in school interschool / national/ international level. Part-3 Group B Health and Physical Education PowerPoint Presentation: Shows spirit of service. Displays commitment and responsibility towards tasks. Has leadership qualities and is able to inspire others Is able to develop a good rapport with peers, supervisors and other adults. NCC/NSS/Scouting and Guiding INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Enjoys swimming Is familiar with free style/ Back/butterfly/breast strokes/ displaying a high/competitive level of skill Is a skilled diver/able to dive Follows all safety norms while swimming Swimming INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Is familiar with/displays high levels of skills in the sub disciplines of gymnastics (floor exercises, parallel bars, roman rings) etc. Gymnastics INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Shows keenness and interest Is able to relax completely during exercises Sits comfortably in the correct steady, straight posture Is able to regulate breathing and meditate. In meditative Yoga – is able to let go of stream of thoughts, cultivate and apply helpful thoughts Yoga INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Has undergone basic/higher level training from red cross/hospital Shows an interest and an aptitude to administer First aid Shows patience and the tenacity to handle difficult/unpleasant situations Show commitment to her/his work Has worked for …………..days/months at………….(work experience at a hospital) First aid INDICATORS : PowerPoint Presentation: Shows keenness and interest in Gardening Is aware of types of plants and seasonal growth cycles. Is able to look after plants well Understands the use of fertilizers in plant growth Enjoys the activity Is able to inspire others to join Appreciates a good garden Gardening INDICATORS : MODULE 5: MODULE 5 Filling in the Report Card & Certificate of School Based Assessment GRADING SYSTEM for SCHOLASTIC -A: GRADING SYSTEM for SCHOLASTIC -A MARKS GRADE GRADE POINT 91—100 A1 10 81—90 A2 9 71—80 B1 8 61—70 B2 7 51—60 C1 6 41—50 C2 5 33—40 D 4 21—32 E1 ---- 20 & below E2 ---- PowerPoint Presentation: FA 1 10% FA 2 10% Total (FA) 20% SA 20% Total (FA + SA ) 40% 6 7 13 15 28 TERM I Teacher has the following in her Record: MARKS SECURED BY THE STUDENTS IN A TERM IN A PARTICULAR SUJECT CONVERTED INTO GRADES FOR ENTERING IN THE REPORT BOOK FA 1 10% FA 2 10% Total (FA) 20% SA 20% Total (FA + SA ) 40% C1 B2 B2 B1 B2 CONVERTED INTO PERCENTAGES FOR DETERMINING GRADES FA 1 FA 2 Total (FA) SA Total (FA + SA ) 60% 70% 65% 75% 70% PowerPoint Presentation: FA 3 10% FA 4 10% Total (FA) 20% SA 40% Total (FA + SA ) 60% 5 6 11 29 40 TERM II Teacher has the following in her Record: MARKS SECURED BY THE STUDENTS IN A SUJECT CONVERTED INTO GRADES FOR ENTERING IN THE REPORT BOOK CONVERTED INTO PERCENTAGES FOR DETERMINING GRADES FA 3 FA 4 Total (FA) SA Total (FA + SA ) 50% 60% 55% 72.5% 66.6% FA 3 10% FA 4 10% Total (FA) 20% SA 40% Total (FA + SA ) 60% C2 C1 C1 B1 B2 PowerPoint Presentation: Term I + II The total of all Formative and Summative will be calculated at the end of the Year GRAND TOTAL FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4 40% GRAND TOTAL SA1+SA2 60% OVERALL GRADE 100% PERCENTILE 24 44 68 GRAND TOTAL FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4 40% GRAND TOTAL SA1+SA2 60% OVERALL GRADE 100% PERCENTILE C1 B1 B2 CONVERTED INTO GRADES FOR ENTERING IN THE REPORT BOOK CONVERTED INTO PERCENTAGES FOR DETERMINING GRADES GRAND TOTAL FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4 GRAND TOTAL SA1+SA2 OVERALL GRADE PERCENTILE 60% 73.3% 68% PowerPoint Presentation: GRADES WILL THEN BE ENTERED IN THE CCE CERTIFICATE GRAND TOTAL FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4 40% GRAND TOTAL SA1+SA2 60% OVERALL GRADE 100% PERCENTILE C1 B1 B2 GRADING SYSTEM for SCHOLASTIC -A MARKS GRADE 91 — 100 A1 81 — 90 A2 71 — 80 B1 61 — 70 B2 51 — 60 C1 41 — 50 C2 33 — 40 D 21 — 32 E1 20 & below E2 PowerPoint Presentation: TASK At each table you will be given a case study of a student. Check the Indicators. Use the indicators to grade the student in the following areas : Work Experience, Art Education, Physical & Health Education Life Skills, Values and Attitudes Performance and Achievements, Health and Physical Education Work in pairs. Come to a consensus as a group. View CCE Certificate and fill in Grade and Descriptive Indicators on Scholastic B and Co-scholastic areas. You have 10 minutes for the task. Grading will be shared in the Plenary. PowerPoint Presentation: WHAT IS A DESCRIPTIVE INDICATOR? It is a concise remark given by the teacher on traits of the student listed in Scholastic B and Co Scholastic Areas How to fill the CCE card?: How to fill the CCE card? NAME OF STUDENT- As required in the Certificate DATE OF BIRTH- In words and numbers (e.g. Twenty Sixth of November Nineteen Ninety Two 26-11-1992) MOTHER’S NAME/FATHER’S NAME - As on Birth /Registration Certificate ADMISSION NO. - as in school and board records BOARD’S REGISTRATION NO . Provided by the CBSE at the time of filing entries. SELF AWARENESS MY GOALS , MY STRENGTHS INTERESTS AND HOBBIES -To be filled by the student after discussion with the class teacher/head of section at the end of Class X SPORTS AND GAMES - to be filled by the class teacher / P.E. incharge at the end of Class X RESPONSIBILITIES DISCHARGED/ EXCEPTIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS - to be filled in by the class/head teacher at the end of Class X How to fill the CCE card?: How to fill the CCE card? PART – I ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE:SCHOLASTIC AREAS. A First Term Grade = FA1 + FA2 + S1 Calculate a grade for each subject for the First Term by using grades given for FA1, FA2 AND S1 and calculating an average Second Term Grade = FA2 + FA3 + S2 Calculate a grade for each subject for the Second Term by using grades given for FA3, FA4 AND S2 and calculating an average Overall Grade - FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) + FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%) +SA1 (20%) +SA2 (40%) Percentile ranks should be calculated using the formula provided in the guidelines to schools. These have to be filled in by class teacher after taking grades from the various subject teachers at the end of the both the terms for Classes IX and X . This table will be filled four times in the 2 years. PART – I ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: SCHOLASTIC AREAS. B: PART – I ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: SCHOLASTIC AREAS. B Work experience , art education, Physical and Health Education – State the activity the student is involved in and a line describing his work habits, interest, skill level . The grade can be calculated by using the relevant descriptors given in the Guidelines for Schools. Most indicators in an activity means an A+, many indicators means an A and some means a B. These have to filled in by the specific activity teachers at the end of Class IX and Class X respectively. Records of attendance and performance should be maintained by the activity teachers and monitored regularly by the Heads Of School. Part 2 : Co Scholastic Areas – Compulsory Part 2 A : Life Skills: Part 2 : Co Scholastic Areas – Compulsory Part 2 A : Life Skills Life skills – are graded on a five point scale. The descriptors are given in the report card as well as the guidelines for Schools. Details and examples on what a profile for a student with an A+, A, B, C ,D will look like are also given in the guidelines. These have to filled in at the end of Class IX and Class X by the Class Teacher in consultation with the Subject teachers. The class teacher should maintain a student profile book with observation notes and anecdotal records for each student through the 2 years. Part 2B : Attitudes and Values: Part 2B : Attitudes and Values These skills are graded on a 3 point scale and descriptors are guidelines for each of these are given in the Guidelines for Schools . Details and examples on what a profile for a student with an A+, A, B will look like are also given in the guidelines. These have to filled in at the end of Class IX and Class X by the Class Teacher in consultation with the Subject teachers. The class teacher should maintain a student profile book with observation notes and anecdotal records for each student through the 2 years. Part 3 : Co – Scholastic Areas Participation and Achievement: Part 3 : Co – Scholastic Areas Participation and Achievement Group A – A record of the various activities a student is a part of is maintained by the Class Teacher and the Activity teacher. These skills are graded on a 3 point scale and descriptors for each of these are given in the Guidelines for Schools . Details and examples on what a profile for a student with an A+, A, B will look like are also given in the guidelines. These have to filled in at the end of Class IX and Class X by the Class Teacher in consultation with the Activity teachers. Part 3 : Group B Health and Physical Education: Part 3 : Group B Health and Physical Education Group B – A record of the various activities a student is a part of is maintained by the Class Teacher and the Physical Education/Activity teacher. These skills are graded on a 3 point scale and descriptors for each of these are given in the Guidelines for Schools . Details and examples on what a profile for a student with an A+, A, B will look like are also given in the guidelines. These have to filled in at the end of Class IX and Class X by the Class Teacher in consultation with the Physical Education/Activity teacher

Related presentations