Published on November 11, 2019
2. MAKE IT AS YOU LEARN IT: PINWHEELS! #BeAMaker
3. *CAN BE FOUND IN HANDY DANDY CRAFT BOX #BeAMaker HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED: PATTERNED PAPER PENCIL WITH AN ERASER STRAIGHT PIN PONY BEAD SCISSORS PENCIL RULER *DECORATIVE TAPE
4. DIAGONAL An angled line which goes from one CORNER to the opposite. #BeAMaker
6. DIY PLACE TIPS: Get up and walk across the room in a diagonal line. #BeAMaker
7. PERPENDICULAR Two lines which are at RIGHT ANGLES to each other #BeAMaker
8. PARALLEL Two lines which are at THE SAME ANGLE and will never meet#BeAMaker
9. DIY PLACE TIPS: Get up and walk in 2 parallel lines. These 2 lines should never meet. #BeAMaker
10. #BeAMaker DIY PLACE TIPS: Use your craft sticks or chenille stems and make your own review poster for the lesson.
11. LET’S READ! The Boy Who Loved Math: The Improbable Life of Paul Erdos BY Deborah Heiligman Paul Erdos could ask you when you were born and then calculate the number of seconds you had been alive in his head. He travelled around the world, from one mathematician to the next, collaborating on an astonishing number of publications. This is a beautiful introduction to the world of math.
12. LET’S READ! The Girl With A Mind For Math BY Julia Finley Mosca After touring a German submarine in the early 1940s, young Raye set her sights on becoming an engineer. Through it all, the gifted mathematician persisted―finally gaining her well-deserved title in history: a pioneer who changed the course of ship design forever.
13. FIELD TRIP IDEAS Magnificent 7: Look for types of lines in buildings. #BeAMaker The magnificent seven are 7 distinct colonial-style buildings which were built in Trinidad during Spanish and British rule in the 17th & 18th centuries.
14. #BeAMaker PERPENDICULAR QUEEN’S ROYAL COLLEGE FIELD TRIP IDEAS Magnificent 7: Look for types of lines in buildings.
15. #BeAMaker DIAGONAL STOLLMEYER’S CASTLE HAYE’S COURT DIAGONAL PARALLEL FIELD TRIP IDEAS Magnificent 7: Look for types of lines in buildings.
16. #BeAMaker MILLE FLEURS DIAGONAL AMBARD’S HOUSE FIELD TRIP IDEAS Magnificent 7: Look for types of lines in buildings.
17. #BeAMaker WHITEHALL PARALLEL ARCHBISHOP’S PALACE FIELD TRIP IDEAS Magnificent 7: Look for types of lines in buildings.