Published on November 11, 2019
1. SHUBH DIVALI #BeAMaker
2. MAKE IT AS YOU LEARN IT: CANDLE CARD! #BeAMaker
3. HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED: ORANGE, YELLOW & WHITE CARDSTOCK GLUE SCISSORS PENCIL *EMBELLISHMENTS *GEMS *CARBON PAPER *CANDLE TEMPLATE *CAN BE FOUND IN HANDY DANDY CRAFT BOX & TEMPLAT RESOURCE #BeAMaker
4. WHAT IS DIVALI? Divali is the Festival of Lights. Divali is a celebration of good over evil and light over darkness. #BeAMaker
5. MAP OF INDIA Divali was brought to trinidad from india.
6. DEYAS SYMBOLISE LIGHT OVER DARKNESS, PURITY, GOODNESS AND POWER. DEYAS #BeAMaker
7. BAMBOO BENDING #BeAMaker This is a decorative practice where the bamboo is split into 5 - 6 strips to create shapes (e.g. in the form of elephants, larger diyas or gods).
8. HENNA/ MEHINDI #BeAMaker AN ARTISTIC PRACTICE PREPARED WITH DRY HENNA LEAVES USED TO MAKE A DYE FOR THE SKIN.
9. DIY PLACE TIP: MAKE YOUR OWN MEHENDI IN CLASS OR AT HOME! ALL YOU NEED ARE Dried Mehendi Leaves, Water, Coffee, Lemon Oil, Clover Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sugar, Syrup & Tamarind Paste #BeAMaker
10. DIVALI SWEETS #BeAMaker BARFI GULAB JAMUN
11. DIVALI SWEETS #BeAMaker Jalebi KURM
12. FIELD TRIP IDEAS #BeAMaker The Temple in the Sea is a Hindu pilgrimage site in Waterloo, Trinidad and Tobago.
13. FIELD TRIP IDEAS #BeAMaker Divali Nagar (City of Lights) is an annual exposition of Hindu & Indo-Trinidadian culture. it is associated with the celebration of Divali in Trinidad and Tobago.