Published on June 30, 2020
1. 1 Credit Car(d)The new connected car
2. 2 How could the automotive industry monetize the available car data?
3. 3 Topic Background What are the biggest challenges for the car industry? Consequences • New markets and revenue pools • Changes in mobility behavior • Diffusion of advanced technology • New competition and cooperation What are the biggest needs & problems of the car drivers today? Needs • Security • Safe time • Comfort In case of responses to those needs customer are ready to share data (data = currency)
4. 4 What is a our new approach to monetize the available car data?
5. 5 Use case Pedro’s story
6. 6 MEET PEDRO • 36 years old • Portuguese • Lives in Frankfurt • Investment Banker at HSBC • Divorced • No children • First Mercedez Benz
7. 7 GPS
8. 8 WHEN? WHERE? HOW OFTEN? HOW LONG?
9. 9 MONDAY 8AM
10. 10 Hi Pedro, do you want a coffee? It’s a 3 minute detour of your daily enroute. For 10 MILES AWARD!
13. 13 Great! Would like to order beforehand for an immediate pickup? YES NO
14. 14 SUPER! Something Else? YES NO
15. 15 Great Pedro! Please, confirm your order You will be rewarded with 10 MILES My Credit Car(d) XXXX-4980
16. 16 Thanks for your purchase Pedro! Your order is being prepared.
19. 19 Hi Pedro, Thanks for picking up your order! We hope you enjoy your Starbucks Coffe & the 10 MILES Reward
21. 21 Value Chain
22. 22 GPS Data • Petrol Efficiency • Daily Route Data • Locality Habits User Transaction Data Value Chain – Where is the data? Car DataMercedes Data Warehouse • Income • Age • Address Mercedes Benz User Mercedes Benz Platform• Transactions • Preferences • Rewards • Car Usage • Parts data
23. 23 GPS Data • Petrol Efficiency • Daily Route Data • Locality Habits Value Chain – Where is the data? Car DataMercedes Data Warehouse • Income • Age • Address Mercedes Benz User Mercedes Benz Platform• Transactions • Preferences • Rewards • Car Usage • Parts data
24. 24 Value Chain – Value added Customer Knowledge Bank Transactio n Informatio n GPS Customer Routine Loyalty Miles Reward system TIME Mercedes Benz Platform
25. 25 Business Model
26. 26 Business Model Reward system - Mercedes parts/cars/products - Mercedes maintenance services - Mercedes products/cars Mercedes Benz User • Miles, $$$ • Partners pay an annual retainer of 100,000 for access to our platform for deals. Mercedes Benz Platform Business retail partners TIME • $$$ Platform liquidity • Offers, discounts, incentives
27. 27 We will start with the A-Class in Germany A- Class just integrated the new MBUX (Mercedes Benz User Experience) 620,000 sold a year and expected fleet of 1.2 million in Germany A-Class In car spending is expected to be twice a week per driver and expected to grow annually In-car expenditure is 60 Euros per transaction* Out-of-car expenditure is 7,000 Euros a year growing at 10% a year* (Bundesbank German Payment Behavior Report 2017) Customer Mercedes will charge 0.15% per transaction (Benchmarked with ApplePay) We will start the pilot with at 50 organizations and increase by 50 a year. Partner Assumptions
28. 28 Business Model Projections Understand and identify the routine and the preferences of the users
29. 29 Creation of common PlatformStarting Point Our Idea - Make it a never ending journey For the Consumer: Dependence and comfort For Mercedes: - Multi homing - Ecosystem lock in (moat)
30. 30 Car as Service 2022 Personalized Car sharing possibilities. Car itself Today Car as status icon Car as Channel 2020 Car used as a device to order things, to interact, to pay. Automated cars 2025 Potential for advertising are getting bigger, since the driving time is now available. Future
31. 31 Meet our Team
32. 32 Meet our Team Students of the ESCP MSc in Big Data & Business Analytics Javiera Taanya Nourhan Shiva Max
33. 33 Contact Us Send us a message or visit us Whenever you like ESCP Europe 3 Rue Armand Moisant 75015 Paris
34. 34 Thanks for Coming