Published on September 7, 2019
1. Daily Scrum is not about only 3 questions 7 tips to tune up Daily
2. 1. 3 questions ● Still valid and valuable ● Allow the team decide to abandon or keep What did I do yesterday that helped the Development Team meet the Sprint Goal? What will I do today to help the Development Team meet the Sprint Goal? Do I see any impediment that prevents me or the Development Team from meeting the Sprint Goal?
3. ● Just open board and look for a goal and progress ● Really check burn down chart ● For non IT projects - create a board to increase the transparency 2. Board - any board
4. 3. Nico Nico Calendar Some tools are not very serious, but sometimes can help. Just present this one, and let the team decide.
5. 4. Problem Solving Table Sometimes you have problems not related to the daily job, but after fix - can increase velocity. Also add some desc Make a special place for them and not forget. Show work, show problems. Maybe somebody passed by will see solution. Just show problems not only work! Problem: Bad Hardware ● There is not enough RAM ● Not enough CPU Who can help: Marc (Manager) How: buy new hardware Cost: $800 Effect: slowing down work by one hour a day, cost for a company: $1000 / month
6. Problem: Bugs on prod 7/3 Current value: 7 Goal: 3 How to measure: bugs in a todo list 5. KPI Card The Scrum is about Value. Show KPI and progress. It’s not only about points, but every team has own KPI like: ● Bugs on the production ● Queue time for tasks Put KPI cards in separately board, show progress, show work. Update before each daily. Cane be done by a dev team member Problem: Fixed bugs / sprint 12/6 Current value: 12 Goal: 6 How to measure: fixed bugs
7. 6. “Weather” chart Like Nico-Nico but shows only “smiles” in chart. Will allow to measure a team health You will see problems coming. How to? Just ask who is happy - and add another point to chart.
8. 7. Agenda and rules of the Daily Self-organization is hard? Ask team to prepare own Daily rules and the agenda. Use the Ikea Effect https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IKEA_effect Rules and agenda ● On time ● 15 minutes ● 10:30 AM ● No eating ● No mobile devices ● One person talking ● Do not disturb ● No joking too much ● FOCUS! ● Be prepared ● No time wasting
9. Want more? Need help in #scrum? +48 603 286 679 [email protected] #noBAP 100% business