Published on April 24, 2018
1. DELEGATION readysetpresent.com
2. 2 Program Objectives ( 1 of 3 ) Delegation readysetpresent.com Understand the benefits of delegation. Define delegation, and identify its benefits and uses. Explain the basic methods involved in successful delegation. Explore the methods and techniques of delegation. Explain how to overcome resistance to a delegated task.
3. 3 Program Objectives ( 2 of 3 ) Delegation readysetpresent.com Recognize the steps toward effective delegation and the skills needed for it. Learn the key steps in the control process. Explain how to utilize recognition, rewards, and sanctions. Use two-way communication to improve the level of understanding.
4. 4 Program Objectives ( 3 of 3 ) Delegation readysetpresent.com Form a plan of action to increase your use of delegation and the success of the task you delegate. Practice delegating new tasks. Identify your own strengths and limitations in the process.
5. A CHALLENGE Please write a one sentence definition of EFFECTIVE DELEGATION.
6. 6 Definition Delegation readysetpresent.com Appointing a person to act on one's behalf.
7. 7 Another Definition Delegation readysetpresent.com Delegation is the entrusting of authority, power and responsibility to another.
8. 8 Etymology Delegation readysetpresent.com The word “delegation” was first used to mean “the act of delegating” in the 1610’s. It was previously used as “delagacie” in the mid-15th century. It is possibly from the French word, “délégation” or directly from the Latin word, “delegationem.” Online Etymology Dictionary
9. 10 Delegation Diagram Delegation readysetpresent.com Review Get involved Decide and agree on a goal Understand concerns, feelings, and suggestions Clarify objectives Understand and assess the task Model adapted from Leadership Champions
10. Do’s Don’t ‘s 11 Do’s and Don’t’s (1 of 4) Delegation readysetpresent.com Give reasonable deadlines. Give unreasonable deadlines. Expect an employee to do a task out of their area of expertise. Provide training on how to perform the task. Provide assistance and feedback. Micromanage.
11. Do’s Don’t ‘s 14 Do’s and Don’t’s (4 of 4) Delegation readysetpresent.com Provide written instructions. Expect the delegate to remember instructions that are not in writing. Ask for volunteers. Assign the job to someone who is unwilling. Give full credit to the delegate. Take credit for delegated work.
12. 15 Scenarios (1 of 6) Delegation readysetpresent.com Scenario #1: You have delegated a task, and you do not think that the person is doing a good job. What do you do?
13. 19 Scenarios (5 of 6) Delegation readysetpresent.com Scenario #3 You have delegated authority, and the delegate has been over-stepping. What do you do?
14. 21 Successful Delegation Delegation readysetpresent.com Makes work easier. Improves efficiency. Increases employee effectiveness. Develops employees. Ensures that the right people do the right jobs.
15. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT US AT readysetpresent.com readysetpresent.com