Published on November 10, 2014
1. DIGIPAK IDEAS
2. FRONT COVER Here we have the main female protagonist in our music video. Our front cover shows the contrast of her being happy and being sad. Half of her face shows her makeup and hair done nicely as if she was going to a party where she wants to look her best – like in our video. Then the other half of her face shows her hair being a mess and several bruises on her face with her eyes red from crying. This contrast not only reflects our music video but it also is very impacting which may intrigue people to listen to the song and watch the video.
3. MORE FRONT COVER IDEAS Here we have our second idea for the front cover of our digipak. It again shows the contrast between the party and the morning after. The image on the right shows the protagonist happy and looking at her best, then the picture on the left shows her looking upset and injured. We have chosen this design to be the front cover of our digipak as we feel that the contrast is clearly shown by the different emotions on their face, the same emotion is reflected in the song.
4. BACK PANEL Here is our first design for the back panel of our digipak. It shows the hands of the antagonist and the protagonist. This image shows the bruises on the protagonists wrists which links to the domestic violence theme in our music video.
5. MORE BACK PANEL IDEAS Here we have the second design for our back panel. It shows a beer bottle, this represents the party and the stereotypical teenager. This image links to the theme of our music video, being young and wreckless. Instead of having the label listing the ingredients etc, we decided to have it list the songs on the album. We have chosen this to be our back panel design as it links to the title and theme of our music video without giving away any of the plot.
6. INSIDE PANEL Here is the first design for the inside panel of our digipak. It shows a still image of the lake where some of our music video is set. The image links in with our video but also as it is empty it links to the loneliness the protagonists feels in the video. We have chosen this to be our final design for our inside panel.
7. MORE INSIDE PANEL IDEAS Here is our second idea for our inside panel. It shows a counter top covered in empty alcohol bottles, shot glasses and cigarettes. This links to our music video as it is a classic scene of a teenage party, which our music video contains.
8. OUR OWN IMAGES Here we have expanded on our ideas and taken some of our own images for our digipak.