Published on July 18, 2016
1. www.entrepreneurindia.co Doing Business and Investing in Manipur Scope for Venturing, Potential Areas, Identification and Selection of right Project, Thrust areas for Investment Opportunities, Industry Startup and Entrepreneurship
3. www.entrepreneurindia.co Introduction Manipur is a state in north-eastern India, with the city of Imphal as its capital. Manipur is also known as India’s gateway. Manipur has had a long record of insurgency and inter-ethnic violence. The first armed opposition group in Manipur, the United National Liberation Front (UNLF), was founded in 1964, which declared that it wanted to gain independence from India and form Manipur as a new country. Manipur has been at the crossroads of Asian economic and cultural exchange for more than 2,500 years.
4. www.entrepreneurindia.co Manipur has primarily an agrarian economy, with significant hydroelectric power generation potential. It is connected to other areas by daily flights through Imphal airport, the second largest airport in north-eastern India. It is one of the border States in the North-Eastern part of India, bounded by Nagaland in the north, Assam on the west and Mizoram on the south and along the east it shares a 352 Km with Myanmar. Today’s Manipur consists of nine districts. The state shares international border with Myanmar making it an important entre for trade and business.
5. Manipur has currently nine administrative districts. Bishnupur Churachandpur Chandel Imphal East Imphal West Senapati Tamenglong Thoubal Ukhrul www.entrepreneurindia.co
6. www.entrepreneurindia.co Agricultural Development: Agriculture plays an important role in the development of Manipur's economy. It is the dominant occupation of the people of Manipur. It is not only the main source of livelihood of the overwhelming majority, but also a tradition and a way of life that moulds the socio- economic status of the people. The state produces sizeable quantity of paddy, wheat, maize, pulses, oilseeds such as mustard, groundnut, soybeans, sunflower, ginger, turmeric and fruits like pineapple, lime/lemon, banana, orange, papaya, plum and vegetables like, cauliflower, cabbage, tomato, peas, carrot, pumpkin.
7. www.entrepreneurindia.co Labour and Employment: North East region has one of the most talented and innovative pool of human resources in the whole of South Asia region. The employment service, Manipur came into existence in 1957 and has been working with its Directorate of employment as controlling body tending upon administration, establishment and financial supervision under which there are 9 District Employment Exchanges, 5 Town Employment Exchanges and 1(One) Employment information and Assistance Bureau. Further it provides leadership, guidance and expertise in technical fields.
8. Infrastructure and Economy: Manipur has impressive physical, social and commercial infrastructure compared to other states in North east India making the state a preferred destination for investors. Manipur is faced with the challenge of providing infrastructural facilities conducive to social and economic development. Manipur has a domestic airport in Imphal - the Tulihal airport, which is located about 8 km from the heart of the city. Imphal, the only airport of Manipur, connects directly with Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, and Agartala. www.entrepreneurindia.co
9. www.entrepreneurindia.co MAJOR SECTORS IN MANIPUR Handloom Industry Handloom industry is the largest cottage industry in the State. Hand woven textiles have always been a rich source of one’s tradition. In the Northeast region of India, each tribe or community has its own specific designs and motifs. In Manipur the Handloom Industry has been playing a pivotal role in the economic since times immemorial.
10. www.entrepreneurindia.co The traditional skill of handloom weaving is not only a matter of status symbol for the women-folk in the State, but also is an indispensable aspect of their socio-economic life. In fact, it is one industries, which gives and generate a maximum employment to the women-folk both young and older ones. In Manipur the women community take part in handloom industry and is the only source of income in their families for their life. The State Government has made full efforts for overall development of handloom industry in the State. Manipur Handloom and Handicraft Development Corporation and Manipur Development Society are the two agencies of the State Government taking concerted efforts for production and marketing of handloom products.
11. www.entrepreneurindia.co Handicrafts Industry The handicrafts sector is important for the Indian economy as it is one of the largest employment generators and accounts for a significant share in the country’s exports. Manipur, one of the eight states of the northeast India known as “eight-sister state”, literally means the ‘jewelled land’. This is a city gifted with nature and its magnificence.
12. www.entrepreneurindia.co The crafts of Manipur showcase the creativity of its people. Manipur produces a wide range of handicrafts items. Handicrafts of Manipur have a unique place amongst the various crafts of the country. Various kouna products, cane and bamboo items, artistic weaving, woodcarving, etc. have a distinct place of its own. See more: http://goo.gl/0FoqgX
13. www.entrepreneurindia.co Food Processing Industry The Directorate of Commerce & Industries is functioning as Nodal Agency of Food Processing Industries in Manipur since 1992. The food processing industry is a major thrust area in the state of Manipur as it plays a significant role in diversification and commercialization of agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, poultry, animal husbandry and forest resources.
14. www.entrepreneurindia.co The state government supports the development of food processing sector by taking up projects under central sector schemes. The government of Manipur is working towards establishing a food park at Nilakuthi. A food park with a project cost of Rs. 3172.40 lakh to provide common facilities like cold storage, warehouse and quality control lab etc. Under the Scheme for Cold Chain, Value Addition and Preservation Infrastructure, Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has approved one cold chain project in the state.
15. Opportunities for Entrepreneurs: Food Processing and Agro based products are huge sector to invest and entrepreneurs can venture in following fields: Corn Flakes Caramel Food Colorant Curry Powder Pulp and Paper from Bamboo Rice Mill(Parboiled Rice) Wheat Flour Garlic Oil and Powder, etc. See more: http://goo.gl/qnLk96 www.entrepreneurindia.co
16. www.entrepreneurindia.co Bamboo Industry Bamboo is one of the most abundant and environmental-friendly and sustainable resources available in NE Region, which is not being used to its full potential. Bamboos, which are widespread in Manipur, offer numerous opportunities in this regard, and there is much potential for expanding it.
17. www.entrepreneurindia.co In view of commercial cultivation and economic utilisation of bamboo as a substitute for the fast depleting timber resources, a comprehensive programme of bamboo for sectional upgradation, enhancement of employment opportunities for artisans, promotion of value-addition through better and well designed product development, optimum propagation and conservation and diversifying production and processing activities through organized community action has been taken up. Efforts have been made by the Department of Commerce & Industries to upgrade the skills of the bamboo artisans by organizing training programmes inside and outside the State.
18. www.entrepreneurindia.co In many parts of India, bamboo shoots have formed a part of traditional cuisine – fresh, dried, shredded or pickled. The composition testing of shoots, shelf life analysis, market study and standardization of processing methods has been carried out by the Mission.
19. Opportunities for Entrepreneurs: Bamboo based products are huge sector to invest and entrepreneurs can venture in following fields: Medium Density Fiber (MDF) Board Particle Board Chip Board Handicraft (Cane & Bamboo) Ply Board From Bamboo Paper From Bamboo Bamboo Furniture Bamboo Sticks Pulp and Paper from Bamboo www.entrepreneurindia.co
20. See more: http://goo.gl/Swr1Mh www.entrepreneurindia.co
21. Visit us at www.entrepreneurindia.co
22. Take a look at NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES on #StreetView https://goo.gl/VstWkd www.entrepreneurindia.cowww.niir.org
23. Locate us on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/BKkUtq9gevT2 www.entrepreneurindia.co
24. An ISO 9001:2008 Company www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
25. • One of the leading reliable names in industrial world for providing the most comprehensive technical consulting services • We adopt a systematic approach to provide the strong fundamental support needed for the effective delivery of services to our Clients’ in India & abroad www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
26. What do we offer? • Project Identification • Detailed Project Reports/Pre-feasibility Reports • Business Plan • Industry Trends • Market Research Reports • Technology Books and Directory • Databases on CD-ROM • Laboratory Testing Services • Turnkey Project Consultancy/Solutions • Entrepreneur India (An Industrial Monthly Journal) www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
27. How are we different ? • We have two decades long experience in project consultancy and market research field • We empower our customers with the prerequisite know- how to take sound business decisions • We help catalyze business growth by providing distinctive and profound market analysis • We serve a wide array of customers , from individual entrepreneurs to Corporations and Foreign Investors • We use authentic & reliable sources to ensure business precision www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
28. Our Approach Requirement collection Thorough analysis of the project Economic feasibility study of the Project Market potential survey/research Report Compilation www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
29. Who do we serve? • Public-sector Companies • Corporates • Government Undertakings • Individual Entrepreneurs • NRI’s • Foreign Investors • Non-profit Organizations, NBFC’s • Educational Institutions • Embassies & Consulates • Consultancies • Industry / trade associations www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
30. Sectors We Cover • Ayurvedic And Herbal Medicines, Herbal Cosmetics • Alcoholic And Non Alcoholic Beverages, Drinks • Adhesives, Industrial Adhesive, Sealants, Glues, Gum & Resin • Activated Carbon & Activated Charcoal • Aluminium And Aluminium Extrusion Profiles & Sections, • Bio-fertilizers And Biotechnology • Breakfast Snacks And Cereal Food • Bicycle Tyres & Tubes, Bicycle Parts, Bicycle Assembling www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
31. Sectors We Cover • Bamboo And Cane Based Projects • Building Materials And Construction Projects • Biodegradable & Bioplastic Based Projects • Chemicals (Organic And Inorganic) • Confectionery, Bakery/Baking And Other Food • Cereal Processing • Coconut And Coconut Based Products • Cold Storage For Fruits & Vegetables • Coal & Coal Byproduct www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
32. Sectors We Cover • Copper & Copper Based Projects • Dairy/Milk Processing • Disinfectants, Pesticides, Insecticides, Mosquito Repellents, • Electrical, Electronic And Computer based Projects • Essential Oils, Oils & Fats And Allied • Engineering Goods • Fibre Glass & Float Glass • Fast Moving Consumer Goods • Food, Bakery, Agro Processing www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
33. Sectors We Cover • Fruits & Vegetables Processing • Ferro Alloys Based Projects • Fertilizers & Biofertilizers • Ginger & Ginger Based Projects • Herbs And Medicinal Cultivation And Jatropha (Biofuel) • Hotel & Hospitability Projects • Hospital Based Projects • Herbal Based Projects • Inks, Stationery And Export Industries www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
34. Sectors We Cover • Infrastructure Projects • Jute & Jute Based Products • Leather And Leather Based Projects • Leisure & Entertainment Based Projects • Livestock Farming Of Birds & Animals • Minerals And Minerals • Maize Processing(Wet Milling) & Maize Based Projects • Medical Plastics, Disposables Plastic Syringe, Blood Bags • Organic Farming, Neem Products Etc. www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
35. Sectors We Cover • Paints, Pigments, Varnish & Lacquer • Paper And Paper Board, Paper Recycling Projects • Printing Inks • Packaging Based Projects • Perfumes, Cosmetics And Flavours • Power Generation Based Projects & Renewable Energy Based Projects • Pharmaceuticals And Drugs • Plantations, Farming And Cultivations • Plastic Film, Plastic Waste And Plastic Compounds • Plastic, PVC, PET, HDPE, LDPE Etc. www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
36. Sectors We Cover • Potato And Potato Based Projects • Printing And Packaging • Real Estate, Leisure And Hospitality • Rubber And Rubber Products • Soaps And Detergents • Stationary Products • Spices And Snacks Food • Steel & Steel Products • Textile Auxiliary And Chemicals www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
37. Sectors We Cover • Township & Residential Complex • Textiles And Readymade Garments • Waste Management & Recycling • Wood & Wood Products • Water Industry(Packaged Drinking Water & Mineral Water) • Wire & Cable www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
38. Niir Project Consultancy Services 106-E, Kamla Nagar, New Delhi-110007, India. Email: [email protected] , [email protected] Tel: +91-11-23843955, 23845654, 23845886 Mobile: +91-9811043595 Fax: +91-11-23841561 Website : www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co Take a look at NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES on #StreetView https://goo.gl/VstWkd www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
39. www.niir.org Follow Us www.entrepreneurindia.co
40. For more information, visit us at: www.entrepreneurindia.co