Published on June 13, 2016
1. pravin jadhav | growth at @freecharge | twi4er @beingprac6cal FreeCharge: Driving Growth
2. Transi4on: Web to Mobile in 9 months 90%Desktop + 10% Mobile 90%Mobile + 10% Desktop
3. Google Trends: FreeCharge Growth: Doing all that ma>ers!
4. Overall Transac4ons Transac6ons / Day Transac6ons / Day App Transac4ons Growth: Transac4ons / Day
5. The thing about Growth Getting users to install the app is the easiest thing to do. Ensuring they keep using it is extremely difficult! Growth = Product + Marke4ng
6. Fail Fast. Learn Faster! x We found few things that won’t work – Our Failures: b. Not knowing what matters Who is our best Customer? Which is our best performing acquisi6on channel? a. Driving App Installs like crazy And believing that is Growth c. Not measuring what matters Reten6on > User Acquisi6on e. Thinking Marketing, not Growth What? What does this even mean? d. Chasing App Store Ranks Thinking that ranking high on App Store ranks wins you the race f. Playing Safe What do we have to lose if we don’t grow? Everything.
7. Vanity Metrics: Makes you look good. Real Metrics: Brings you back to reality. The thing about Metrics
8. Vanity Metrics… Registered Users Transac4ng Users Downloads / Installs Current Installs App Store Ranks Transac4ng Users on App 90 Day Ac6ve Users D7 / D30 Reten4on Transac6ons per Month Tranx / User in a Month All Transac6ons Non -‐ Promo Transac4ons ‘We’re a Great App / Product!’ Ra4ngs + Tickets / Transac4on ra4o Real Metrics! The thing about Metrics
9. Who is our perfect customer? Who: a. Transacts on FreeCharge Mobile App b. Recharges for Self & X more users c. Makes Y+ Transactions every month d. Saved Credit / Debit Cards on FC d. Refers more than Z friends to FreeCharge Growth: Knowing what is right! What: a. Conversions – Install, Register, Transact b. LTV of this user acquisition channel c. Retention metric of this channel - 7 Days? 30 Days? d. Users -> Mr. X e. Effective CPI & CPT of this channel What is best User Acquisition channel?
10. Growth Framework at FreeCharge Awareness Acquisi4on Ac4va4on Reten4on Revenue Referral Awareness Acquisi4on Ac4va4on Reten4on Revenue Referral MARKETING GROWTH Growth v/s Marke4ng: What is Growth team supposed to drive?
11. Growth: Marke4ng on Steroids Awareness Acquisi4on Search Engine Op6miza6on App Store Op6miza6on Google & Facebook Advt Networks Aﬃliates Coupons Preloads Flash Sales Reward Users Oﬄine Distribu6on FMCG & Media Bank & Finance Online Partners ATL / BTL Social / PR
12. Growth: FC Growth Engine Awareness Acquisi4on Ac4va4on Reten4on Revenue Referral Growth at FreeCharge TVC : ATL & BTL Ac6vi6es Banks Partnerships FMCG Partnerships Media, Movies Buzz / Social Media PR Referral Program Google: Adwords, GDN Facebook: Ads, Oﬀers SEO ASO Networks & Aﬃliates Online Partnerships Coupon Partners First Transac6on Free Instant Discounts Cashbacks Free Coupons Rewards Turbo Recharge FreeCharge Credits Emails No6ﬁca6ons Saved Cards New Users Exis6ng Users (++) Upsell / Cross sell Exis6ng Users Acquiring new users
13. Growth = Building Sustainable Growth Lapsed Users New Users Exis4ng Users Reac4vated Users First WoW Experience! Build a Large Pool of Transac4ng Users High Frequency of Transx Reac6vateReac6vate
14. Rule #1 Growth Hacks ≠ One Hack Fits All 5 Rules to follow about Growth
15. Rule #2 Growth Hacking = Doing as many experiments as possible! 5 Rules to follow about Growth
16. Rule #3 Growth Hacking : With time, every growth hack will lose its impact! 5 Rules to follow about Growth
17. Rule #4 Best way to grow a Startup is to make the product better! 5 Rules to follow about Growth
18. Rule #5 In a Startup, Growth is everyone’s responsibility. 5 Rules to follow about Growth
19. Thank You [email protected] | @beingprac4cal