Published on August 21, 2019
1. Freedom Farmers: Agricultural Resistance and the Black Freedom Movement [EPUB] #FULL VERSIONS Freedom Farmers: Agricultural Resistance and the Black Freedom Movement In May 1967, internationally renowned activist Fannie Lou Hamer purchased forty acres of land in the Mississippi Delta, launching the Freedom Farms Cooperative (FFC). A community-based rural and economic development project, FFC would grow to over 600 acres, offering a means for local sharecroppers, tenant farmers, and domestic workers to pursue community wellness, self-reliance, and political resistance. Life on the cooperative farm presented an alternative to the second wave of northern migration by African Americans--an opportunity to stay in the South, live off the land, and create a healthy community based upon building an alternative food system as a cooperative and collective effort.Freedom Farmers expands the historical narrative of the black freedom struggle to embrace the work, roles, and contributions of southern black farmers and the organizations they formed. Whereas existing scholarship generally views agriculture as a site of oppression and exploitation of black
2. Freedom Farmers: Agricultural Resistance and the Black Freedom Movement [EPUB] #FULL VERSIONS Author : Monica M. White Pages : 208 pages Publisher : University of North Carolina Press Language : ISBN-10 : 1469643693 ISBN-13 : 9781469643694
3. DETAIL OF BOOKS Author : Monica M. Whiteq Pages : 208 pagesq Publisher : University of North Carolina Pressq Language :q ISBN-10 : 1469643693q ISBN-13 : 9781469643694q
4. Book Image View Books By Monica M. White
5. If You want to have this book, please click button download in below....