Published on August 26, 2015
1. HONG KONG DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY EXCELLENCE.
2. Kuala Lumpur Jakarta Lahore Sydney Tokyo WELCOME TOWELCOME TO GOLIN.GOLIN. Istanbul
3. Today we are a different type of agency. We work differently. We think differently. Our mission is to create change for our clients. We believe in bravery over mediocrity. "Go All In" is our commitment. It's how we help our clients commit to trailblazing ideas that create change. #GOALLIN#GOALLIN
4. EVEN MOREEVEN MORE SUCCESSSUCCESS WITH OURWITH OUR NEW MODEL.NEW MODEL.
5. “ International Agency of the Year 2015 #PRWeek 1st Social Media Agency to Kick-off Cannes International Festival of Creativity Agency of the Year 2013 #The Holmes Report #PRWeek Best Use of Social Media "Unilever Magnum" #MarketingMagazine Best Digital Newsroom "Cisco Live! Social Media Hub" #IN2SabreAwards Best Social Media Campaign #Nintendo Best Digital Video "Unilever Klondike" #IN2SabreAwards Best Word of Mouth Marketing "McDonald's" #WOMMYAwards “ Founded in 1956
7. CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS.CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS. We focus on developing creative communications to maximize reach, engagement, response and returns. Tested and validated by deep audience insight. Innovative ideas that stand out from the noise. INSIGHT-DRIVEN. INNOVATIVE.
8. ENGAGE seamlessly with media and audiences. TRACK topics of interest and sensitive issues. THETHEBRIDGEBRIDGE IDENTIFY INFLUENCERS across topics, stories and conversations. Develop proﬁles to foster deeper, more productive relationships. 1 2 3 LISTEN, AMPLIFY, ENGAGE. FASTER. MORE. IN REAL-TIME. DISCOVER TRENDS & MOMENTS or opportunities to engage. AMPLIFY events and media interest.
9. 92% of people trust brand recommendations from FRIENDS. Nielson
10. Audiences have changed. They've shifted their time, attention and media consumption online. SOCIALSOCIAL MOBILEMOBILE
11. Our focus is onOur focus is on business results.business results. AUDIENCE-CENTRIC.AUDIENCE-CENTRIC. As a full-service communications consultancyAs a full-service communications consultancy withwith digital, social media and PRdigital, social media and PR at our core weat our core we help drive companies and brands forward withhelp drive companies and brands forward with creatively bold, locally-relevant plans and ideas thatcreatively bold, locally-relevant plans and ideas that cut across channels.cut across channels.
12. 9 HOURS.9 HOURS. TIME SPENTTIME SPENT ONLINEONLINE DAILYDAILY
13. TECHNOLOGY HAS CHANGEDTECHNOLOGY HAS CHANGED HOWHOW AUDIENCES FIND INFORMATION ANDAUDIENCES FIND INFORMATION AND ENGAGE WITH BRANDS.ENGAGE WITH BRANDS. SOCIAL, MOBILE AND REAL-TIMESOCIAL, MOBILE AND REAL-TIME
14. ANY TIME, ANY WHERE.ANY TIME, ANY WHERE. CONTENT.CONTENT. Today audiences have access to more content than ever before. They can access virtual content on the go - checking news, posting updates, reading reviews, watching videos, and more.
15. RESEARCH CONSIDERATION VISIT RESEARCH AGAIN COMPLEX JOURNEYSCOMPLEX JOURNEYS FRAGMENTED MEDIAFRAGMENTED MEDIA
16. Nielson 78% of CMOs believe that CONTENT is the future of marketing communications.
17. VISUAL CONTENT WINS.VISUAL CONTENT WINS.
18. DIGITAL.DIGITAL. SOCIAL.SOCIAL. We create visually-rich, purpose-driven social media programs and campaigns that go from noise to signal with audiences. From video to web design to interactive infographics, games and apps our rich digital content helps to fuel campaigns across all media channels.
19. Management, marketing and communications teams who understand the role of content for their business succeed. They lead the way by tapping into the power of connected audiences, media and technology. We offer custom digital and social media workshops and strategy development TRAINING, WORKSHOPS, STRATEGYTRAINING, WORKSHOPS, STRATEGY PRESENT & FUTURE-READY.PRESENT & FUTURE-READY. Building Strong Relationships Online Social Sales - Using Online to Build Trust and Sell Creative Thinking for Communications Social Media Program Optimization B2B & B2C Content Marketing Best Practice Issues & Crisis Management on Social Media New Media Relations in the Digital Age
20. PROGRAM OPTIMIZATIONPROGRAM OPTIMIZATION& RESPONSE.& RESPONSE. Producing Publishing Optimizing We help to train teams to use market leading social media content management tools and workﬂows. Planning MAXIMIZE REACH, ENGAGEMENTMAXIMIZE REACH, ENGAGEMENT We improve communications effectiveness and results by auditing media, mapping customer journeys, relevant channel ecosystems and social content strategies. We ensure our efforts are fully measured with the right metrics.
21. 78% more leads for sales executives and teams with active, better-connected social media proﬁles who share relevant, valuable content. INBOUND LEADS & SALES ENABLEMENTINBOUND LEADS & SALES ENABLEMENT DRIVE LEADS & SALES FASTER. We develop playbooks for customer interaction that accelerates leads and selling. We develop content strategy and guide the management of sales team proﬁles. Our outcomes include more touchpoints for sales teams, more visibility for brands and products - leading to stronger relationships and quicker sales cycles.
22. SEARCH DISPLAY EMAILVIDEO OUTBOUND DIGITAL SOLUTIONSOUTBOUND DIGITAL SOLUTIONS TARGET RELEVANT AUDIENCES.TARGET RELEVANT AUDIENCES. We can implement the latest, most advanced audience targeting and retargeting solutions from real-time media buying to search marketing. We deploy sophisticated reporting and rich audience insights to maximize results.
23. We surface deeper and richer market trends and audience actionable insights. RESEARCH, INSIGHT & ANALYTICSRESEARCH, INSIGHT & ANALYTICS Audience Proﬁling (Tribes) Media Analysis Customer Journey Mapping Campaign Message Testing Trends Reporting Program Effectiveness We use agile analytics and digital research tools to customize and report on trends in real-time. DISCOVER, MEASURE, REPORT.DISCOVER, MEASURE, REPORT.
24. We make brands a relevant part of audiences' lives and their social behaviors. Our approach is comprehensive, channel-agnostic and integrated across all relevant consumer touchpoints. CONTENT STRATEGYCONTENT STRATEGY CONTENT MANAGEMENT & BRAND PUBLISHINGCONTENT MANAGEMENT & BRAND PUBLISHING CONTENT MARKETINGCONTENT MARKETING We develop content for B2B and B2C companies. We create content calendars, publishing schedules, using automation to bring down costs.
25. By focusing on the quality of the content we develop - the value and message behind it, where it is placed, to help audiences ﬁnd it the moment they seek it. QUALITYQUALITY CLASSICCLASSIC CONTEMPORARYCONTEMPORARY ENTERTAININGENTERTAINING PRESTIGIOUSPRESTIGIOUS INNOVATIVEINNOVATIVE PROVOCATIVEPROVOCATIVE PURPOSEFULPURPOSEFUL WELCOMINGWELCOMING TRANSPARENTTRANSPARENT AUDIENCE DESIRE BRAND STORY WE DRIVE BRAND RELEVANCE.WE DRIVE BRAND RELEVANCE.
26. INTEREST RELEVANTRELEVANT CONTENTCONTENT DRIVESDRIVES STRONGERSTRONGER OUTCOMES.OUTCOMES. AWARENESS LOYALTY LEADS DEMAND CONVERSION CUSTOMER AUDIENCE RIGHT MESSAGE. RIGHT TIME. RIGHT PLACE. ADVOCATE
27. INDEPENDENT THINKING.INDEPENDENT THINKING. OMNI-CHANNELOMNI-CHANNEL MOBILE. SOCIAL.
28. Team of experienced digital strategists, creative thinkers, visualizers, web developers, writers, editors and multi- media producers, all in-house. 50+ InteractiveVideo CampaignsGames DIGITAL CONTENTDIGITAL CONTENT STUDIOSTUDIO
29. INTERACTIVE.INTERACTIVE. http://actionaid.hkdev.cmgrp.com/showcase/
31. OUR LATEST WORK.OUR LATEST WORK.
32. DIGITAL & SOCIAL ASSETS DEVELOPMENT LUX Challenge: After nearly 90 years as the world’s number one soap brand and reaching millions of women around the world, Lux tasked us to strengthen their position as an iconic beauty brand. Our challenge was to drive awareness of new innovation in the cleansing category by building brand love with a younger target audience using PR and social media. Creative: It was our responsibility to ensure all markets understood the role of PR and social media and were equipped with exciting creative ideas and content. To achieve this, we led the brand’s largest ever survey to thousands of women around the world to uncover what hot topics resonate with them. We created global PR and social media assets to ensure world-class campaign execution in the brand’s key growth markets and developed a global three part PR measurement tool for the brand to track success. Change: All 25 markets use our integrated PR and social media assets. Our evaluation tool has helped drive a change in mindset in each market, helping them achieve ROI up to three times higher than before. In social media, our engagement levels outperformed most category competitors and we achieved a growth rate of over 600% on Facebook over the ﬁrst 16 months.
33. TIME TO BE A DEVIL Challenge: In an ultra-competitive and crowded wine market how can a brand like Casillero del Diablo stand out in the mind of Asian consumers? How to create buzz, engage with wine lovers, make this brand relevant? Creative: Winemakers are perceived as artists and celebrities. That is true of the international acclaimed winemaker behind Casillero Del Diablo. This Chilean wine is often respectfully shortened to “The Diablo” or “The Devil” so we took that idea and used it as the platform upon which to bring Marcelo Papa, the artist behind “The Diablo”, on his ﬁrst ever tour of Asia. We made him the center of a multi-market, integrated campaign comprising real-time social content, live events and social ads. We associated him with the Diablo icon to create buzz, engaging content and exclusive events all under the hashtag of #TimeToBeADevil Change: This ‘devilish’ 10 day campaign created huge buzz reaching 1,018,621 people, engaged with 65,810 wine lovers and acquired 6,433 new fans. Overall Marcelo Papa’s popularity spread and the campaign reinforced the brand as a wine authority across the region. CASILLERO DEL DIABLO
34. Challenge: Many people in Hong Kong are ambivalent to the issues facing Asian Elephants. The parade, supported by Swire Properties Ltd, placed over 100 uniquely designed elephants across three of Swire’s shopping malls to promote elephant conversation. In addition to launching the parade, our job was to enable people to engage with it socially to help paint a brighter future for the elephants. Creative: We created a simple call to action for people to ‘Be Part of It’. We created the parade’s Facebook page and used this as the main social platform to drive engagement. A large Instagram video wall was installed to encourage people to post and share their photos. Facebook and Instagram competitions drove engagement even further and we used prominent KOLs to spark conversations around the plight of the Asian Elephant and the ivory trade. Change: Over 1,500 photos were shared on Instagram with the hashtag #elephantparadehk. More than 300 conversations were generated on Facebook and Twitter with prominent online media and celebrities calling attention to the issues facing Asian Elephants. The combined reach of the social conversations was over 1.2 million people. The Elephant Parade Facebook page saw a signiﬁcant growth of 2,300 fans. Most importantly, the combination of the 520 pieces of media coverage and the social conversations helped raised over $270,000 USD for the Asia Elephant Foundation at the ﬁnal charity auction. ELEPHANT PARADE: PAINT A BRIGHTER FUTURE SWIRE PROPERTIES
35. SPOON BOYS: CONSUMER WORD OF MOUTH Challenge: When Danone launched its new BIO Super Creamy range of products, it had to contend with an already ﬁercely competitive market. Golin was tasked to create an event as memorable as possible to make young urban ofﬁce ladies want to try this new thick and creamy “spoonable” yoghurt and to generate word of mouth. Creative: We created a sexy idea from insights from target consumers resulting in our campaign idea: ‘Let French Spoon Boys feed you indulgency’. We launched teasers in print newspaper and videos on a microsite to raise curiosity around a casting session searching for ‘French Spoon Boys’ ahead of consumer trial events. On top of major outdoor events in Shanghai and Guangzhou, we designed ofﬁce sampling events via online voting to extend the campaign reach. Change: Over 25,000 consumers reached through physical events, 2,000 original micro blog (Weibo) posts generated for the launch, Over 500+ mentions for each ofﬁce sampling event and 23 million media impressions. DANONE
36. DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA BRAND ECOSYSTEM GALAXY ENTERTAINMENT Combining their digital targets with strategic and tactical partner opportunities in mainland China, we used our proprietary tools to produce a framework to serve as a roadmap for the next two years and as a consistent reference to assess the impact of digital campaigns. We mapped out a complete digital ecosystem and produced a consumer journey for each target audience, key imperatives and platforms and a channel by channel activation plan for the year ahead. Our task was to build a digital and social media marketing ecosystem for the Galaxy Entertainment Group’s (GEG) integrated resort in Macau which was focused on building awareness and preference amongst visitors from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities in China.
37. Challenge: Grow the social media community on China's popular WeChat mobile platform and create a sustainable level of audience engagement for the brand that translates into referrals as well as inbound travel enquiries. Creative: We designed a ﬂexible yet strategic storytelling-based content plan for Tiger Air's WeChat channel. Fully responsible for all creative content development duties, as well as for community management on the channel, our channel, our digital team took a balanced approach to marketing and lifestyle content, crafting relevant offers that capitalized on what was trending on social media in China across various popular social media platforms. Change: Quickly acquiring an active and loyal fanbase of over 3,000 fans with the highest readership ever achieved for a story posted by the brand to WeChat at nearly 1,000 unique views. CHATTING IT UP ON MOBILE TIGER AIR
38. As an agency in Hong Kong and Asia we've invested in developing strategic partnerships with all major media (traditional and digital), inﬂuencers, and social technology vendors. Our relationships beneﬁt our clients in many ways - from preferential rates, better opportunities and early access to new features and products. STRATEGIC NEW MEDIASTRATEGIC NEW MEDIA PARTNERSHIPS.PARTNERSHIPS. TECHNOLOGYTECHNOLOGY MEDIAMEDIA INFLUENCERSINFLUENCERS
39. Learn more at golin.com/asia