Published on August 1, 2020
1. How is butter made is not a simple question of recipe learning. Making butter at home is indeed a culinary art, but the process of making butter plays a critical role in ghee manufacturing. Better the butter produced ghee will be of superior class. How butter is made is not a rocket science indeed. It is easy and a homemade delicacy, which homemakers often can prepare from milk. But the authenticity of the making process and purity and freshness of milk is a prerequisite for making better quality butter. Strategically, milk butter is made from curd. If you wish, you can prepare butter from milk cream as well. Pure and boiled milk gets converted to curd and by churning the curd, milk butter gets prepared. This is an unsalted variety, which is used in preparing clarified butter or ghee.
2. The composition of butter is critical in the manufacturing of ghee. Principally this dairy product contains milk fat, moisture, salt, and curd. It also contains saturated fats and some amount of lactose, acids, phospholipids, air, microorganisms, enzymes, and vitamins. However, the ratio of the principal elements in butter gets widely controlled by the butter manufacturing method. The quality of butter plays a critical role in determining the quality of ghee clarified butter because ghee is cooked by clarifying dairy butter and that is why ghee is known as clarified butter. Mostly unsalted white butter is used for making ghee. Regardless of the methods used for manufacturing, the quality of butter stands responsible for the quality of ghee. However, in the ghee manufacturing process, dairy butter gets boiled and boiled butter gets more clarified and ultimately ghee clarified butter is produced. Butter contains lactose and casein of milk, but when it gets more clarified by boiling, lactose and casein part of milk gets eliminated along with water in the butter. How is butter made, therefore, is an important part of ghee manufacturing process as dairy butter is the sole raw material for ghee clarified butter. Now for the simple reason, a question pops up, what is the difference between butter and clarified butter. Both Butter and clarified butter are dairy products, but both the products are dissimilar than each other. Let’s take a look at the differences. Butter vs. clarified butter-Food sensitivity
3. Both ghee and butter are made of milk: Ghee clarified butter is produced from milk butter, but in terms of food sensitivity, ghee is mostly free of risk of allergy because it is a lactose- free product. Butter being a milk product is not lactose-free and may cause allergy for lactose-intolerant people. Although butter and clarified ghee-butter are milk products and fat-based dairy items, clarified butter offers a higher smoking point than butter. It means ghee (clarified butter) is a stable cooking oil than butter. If you use ghee against high temperature cooking like baking, deep-frying, it will act stable than butter. Smoking out of ghee is 482° Fahrenheit, but the smoking point of butter is 350° Fahrenheit. Ghee is more storage-friendly than dairy butter. You can store ghee for 12-18 months in your kitchen without the support of refrigeration. With the support of refrigeration, you can preserve ghee for a longer period. But butter is not that storage-friendly. You cannot preserve butter without refrigeration. Even with refrigeration support, you cannot store this dairy product for more than 1-3 months. However, ghee is photosensitive and may get rancid if it comes in the contact of moisture. But neither butter is photosensitive, nor does butter get spoiled if come in touch of water/moisture for some time. In comparison to ghee clarified butter, butter offers lower-calorie if consumed. Butter offers 717 Kcal per 100 grams with 51% saturated fats, and 3 grams of Trans-fats. Alternatively, ghee clarified butter offers 900 Kcal per 100 grams with 61% of saturated fats per serving if consumed. Ghee contains a negligible amount of Trans-fats. In terms of calorie intake, clarified butter is a better option.
4. In terms of controlling trans-fat control in diet, ghee is a better option. If you are looking for good quality fats to include in your diet, clarified butter is a better option than dairy butter. Instead of normal butter, you may go for grass-fed butter. It may seem to you that it is not related to ghee manufacturing. But unless butter is produced with the best care and precision the quality of the ultimate ghee product is difficult to maintain. A quality ghee manufacturer always takes the best care of their butter production for maintaining ghee quality and consistency of the quality.
5. Milkio Foods Ltd. produces organic grass-fed cow ghee. Milkio ghee is certified by AsureQuality and BioGro, New Zealand. Available both online and regular market, Milkio organic grass-fed ghee is available in the USA, Australia, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Egypt, China, and New Zealand. ❏ Organic cow ghee online ❏ Best organic cow ghee ❏ Best organic grass-fed ghee ❏ Organic ghee online ❏ Organic ghee benefits ❏ Organic cow ghee price ❏ Where to buy organic ghee ❏ Organic ghee butter EMAIL: [email protected] PHONE NUMBER +64 22 527 2571 | WhatsApp: +64 22 527 2571 ADDRESS: 76 C, Maui Street, Pukete, Te Rapa, Hamilton New Zealand 3200
6. ❖ FACEBOOK ❖ TWEETER ❖ PINTEREST ❖ LINKEDIN