Published on March 13, 2017
1. How Lead Generating Landing Pages Helps Your Brokerage Grow
2. When it comes to content marketing, the primary goals are to get prospective customers to use your services right away or to provide you with their contact information so that you can follow up with them and convince them to use your services at a later date.
3. Although the first goal is ambitious, many customers aren't quite ready to make an immediate purchase and require additional information before they are ready to make a decision. Of course, your brokerage wants to be the one to provide them with that information so that they will ultimately decide to use your services, as opposed to your competitors'. This is where lead generation landing pages come in.
4. What Is a Landing Page? A landing page is a specific page of your brokerage's website that is dedicated to the particular piece of information your prospective clients are looking for. In order to obtain the information, your website visitors must provide their contact details in exchange, typically their name, email address and phone number.
5. For example, if a recent post on your brokerage's blog mentioned that new customers could receive a next day consultation with one of your insurance brokers, the landing page would provide more details about the offer and invite them to sign up.
6. After providing the requested information, your brokerage can nurture the lead and check in with the prospective customer periodically, keeping your brokerage top of mind. Then, when the customer is ready to make a purchase, your brokerage will be the first they consider because they already have an existing relationship with you.
7. If that isn't enough of a reason for you, here are four more reasons why your brokerage needs to be making use of specialised landing pages:
8. 1. Keeps Potential Leads Interested If your readers are following a link from social media or a blog post, they expect the link to take them directly to the information they desire, not a general home page. Because the particular information they seek is likely not on the home page, it will require them to do more searching throughout your site to find it.
9. Landing pages, on the other hand, make the information requested readily available in a clear and easy-to-digest format. Thus moving them from casual reader to lead as quickly and easily as possible ensuring a bigger volume and better quality of leads.
10. 2. Provides Material for Other Content Channels Once you have landing pages in place, you can link to them from all of your other platforms, creating cross-traffic and keeping your readers engaged and converting into leads your brokers can use.
11. If your brokerage is currently running a promotion, you can create a landing page for that as well. Then, when you mention the promotion in a call-to-action at the end of a recent blog post, your readers will be taken directly to the information they need to take advantage of the deal.
12. 3. Track Prospect Engagement Each lead you capture will be at a different stage of the buying process. Not all of your leads will be ready to purchase insurance right away or request a quote; some of them will require careful information and nurturing to get them to the purchasing stage.
13. Those who provided their email address to obtain the information are likely just beginning their buyer's journey. They are looking for basic information that will help them understand insurance better and what you can do for them.
14. Now that you have their email address, you can suggest more in-depth information that might be of use to them, directing them to another landing page, this time requesting a phone number. By specifically targeting the leads that are actively interested, your brokers can save time by chasing down only the most valuable of leads, rather than wasting their efforts on those who have no intention to buy.
15. 4. Analyse Marketing Effectiveness This is one of the most critical benefits of using specialised landing pages. The more particular your landing pages are, the better you can understand which marketing efforts are working and which are not. Your brokerage can promote that eBook across a variety of channels, including email, social media and your brokerage's blog.
16. This way, you'll be able to more accurately measure the impact of each promotional method. You may notice that you are getting a lot of clicks from your email campaigns but not many from your posts on Twitter.
17. Separate landing pages enable you to conduct A/B testing of specific campaigns as well. By creating two landing pages for the same thing, you can see which is more effective at convincing readers to provide their contact information.
18. Download our free eBook, 'Insurance Broker's Guide to Website Enhancement and Serious Lead Generation'. The more you can learn about lead generation techniques and strategies, the better success you are likely to find for your brokerage.