Published on August 6, 2020
1. New Delhi Salesforce Developer Group #ImpactSalesforceSaturday LEARN . SHARE . CELEBRATE . SALESFORCE
2. About Me: Hariprasath Thanarajah ● Senior Salesforce Developer @ Wiley ● Copado MVP ● 4 X SF Certified and 2 X Copado Certified Developer ● Salesforce Analytics Champion https://www.linkedin.com/in/hariprasath-thanarajah-5234b660/ @hariss63 https://trailblazer.me/id/hthanarajah
3. New Delhi Salesforce DG • First Revival Meetup in February 2016 • Twitter: https://twitter.com/newdelhisfdcdug • Hashtag: #ImpactSalesforceSaturday • New Delhi Salesforce DG Trailblazer Community Group: http://bit.ly/NewDelhiCommunity • Website: https://newdelhisfdcdug.com
4. Mentorship Central • We are dedicated to matching Mentee's seeking specific Salesforce goals with Mentors. • Sign up as a Mentor or Mentee and connect with other Mentors/Mentees • http://bit.ly/SFMentorshipCentral
5. Aim : To understand what is Copado in terms of Salesforce DevOps. Prerequisites : Nothing specifically , But better to know the basics. • Salesforce basics – About Salesforce Organizations. • Git Basics (Optional) • Salesforce Deployment processes.
6. What is Copado? Copado is the #1 DevOps tools native to Salesforce that helps Admin, Developers, Release Managers, and the Product Owners to deliver the feature in a faster and secure manner to the market.
7. Copado Architecture Copado enables you to Operate Salesforce Faster with More Trust
8. Copado Architecture Copado Back End
9. A merge conflict occurs when merging two branches that have the same files, but one or more lines in the files have been updated with different values in each branch. Git requires owners help to determine which changes should be incorporated into the final merge. Git Merge Conflict Git Conflict in Copado A discrepancy between files can lead to a merge conflict - The feature branch is merged into the source Org’s branch. - The feature branch is merged into the Promotion branch. - Automatic Resolution - Copado will apply a different auto-resolve conflict strategy depending on the file type. - Manual Resolution – Copado allows us to resolve file conflicts for the challenging metadata like ApexClass, ApexTrigger, ApexComponent, ApexPage, and Layout by using the Online Conflict Resolution feature. How does Copado Resolve merge conflicts?
10. - The Online Conflict Resolution feature is driven by the Exclude From Auto Resolve multi select picklist field. - The Exclude From Auto Resolve field is available in the Pipeline and Promotion records. - If the values selected in the Exclude From Auto Resolve field in the Promotion are different from those in the related Pipeline, the values listed in the Promotion record will take priority over those in the related Pipeline. - When a conflict is reported in the selected metadata types during the promotion process, it won't be auto-resolved. You will be prompted to resolve it manually within Copado. Manual Conflict Resolution Online Conflict Resolution
11. - We can enable this feature by flagging the Index Metadata checkbox in the Project record. - Once enable this feature Copado will start indexing metadata for all the user stories that linked to this project. - If we want a specific user story to be excluded from this process, we can enable the Stop Indexing Metadata checkbox on the user story. User Story Overlap Awareness It allows us to periodically check whether the metadata or Git metadata that we add to our user stories has any potential conflicts
12. - This feature allows us to resolve conflict by using redesigned full-screen two-panel and three-panel resolve conflict interface. - We can also choose to display the files in XML or YAML format. Merge Conflict Resolution Panel When promoting user stories in Copado, there can be merge conflicts. Copado’s Online Conflict Resolution feature allows us to review these conflicts and resolve them before launching the deployment.
13. DEMO – Understand the Merge Conflict and Online Conflict Resolution GO THROUGH THE PLAYGROUND
14. - With Copado Continuous Delivery we can create connection behaviors and add them to our pipeline in order to schedule or automate deployments and back promotions or enforce quality gates such as validations, compliance scans, or Selenium tests. - Once completed the work via a user story, we can use the new Submit button on the User Story record to launch the quality gates and run the deployment behavior that we have defined via the connection behaviors in the pipeline. Copado Continuous Delivery (CCD) Copado Continuous Delivery is a new feature that allows us to deliver changes to production in a quick, safe and sustainable way.
15. - Change Data Capture is enabled in your Copado organization for the User Story and Promotion objects. - The user need to have an org credentials in the destination environment or there is a default org credential. - The user deploying to production has a Copado Release Manager license assigned Prerequisites for CCD
16. It allows you to define three things, 1. The Deployment behavior – Schedule/ Automate a deployment/ Manual deployment. 2. The back-promotion behavior – Schedule/ Automate a back-promotion/ Manual back- promotion. 3. The quality gates that will be applied to the deployment process – These are allow us to automatically or manually verifies that our deployment meets the requirements. 1. Quality Gates - A quality gate defines a set of tests that will run as part of a continuous delivery process to ensure quality by identifying failures prior to deploying. Connection Behavior A connection behavior is a template that is used to define the deployment, back- promotion and quality gate behaviors that will be applied throughout the release management process.
17. Metadata Groups When creating a quality gate, we may need to specify what metadata will trigger that quality gate to run. This allows us to run different tests depending on what types of metadata are included in the deployment. Specifying metadata groups is a powerful option that allows us to run tests only when necessary. Metadata Items A metadata item is a representation of a Salesforce metadata type. A metadata group is simply a collection of metadata items.
18. DEMO – Configure the Pipeline to use the CCD GO THROUGH THE PLAYGROUND
19. • Signup to Copado Community - https://success.copado.com/ • Signup to GitHub - https://github.com/join • Create a Playground to hands-on with Copado. • Copado Community -> Click HELP & TRAINING tab -> MY PLAYGROUNDS -> Create Homework Other features of Copado • Data Deployment using Copado. • Copado CLI. • Copado DX related features. • Copado Selenium Testing – Mostly useful for QA peoples. • Copado Compliance Hub. • Static Code Analysis.
20. Follow & Join New Delhi Salesforce DG • Join to know about future events and to RSVP: https://trailblazercommunitygroups.com/delhi-in-developers-group/ • For all the content: https://newdelhisfdcdug.com • Let’s start conversations on Success Community: http://bit.ly/NewDelhiCommunity • Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/newdelhisfdcdug • Hashtag: #ImpactSalesforceSaturday • Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newdelhisfdcdug