Published on May 23, 2020
1. New Delhi Salesforce Developer Group #ImpactSalesforceSaturday Implementing Team-based Sharing Model using Flows LEARN . SHARE . CELEBRATE . SALESFORCE -Narender Singh, Salesforce Dev-Admin
2. About Me: Narender Singh Salesforce Dev @ Salesfive Consulting GmbH Salesforce MVP Einstein Champion Blogger @ forcePanda.wordpress.com 3x Trailhead Ranger @Nads_P07 /narendersingh07
3. New Delhi Salesforce DG • First Revival Meetup in February 2016 • Twitter: https://twitter.com/newdelhisfdcdug • Hashtag: #ImpactSalesforceSaturday • New Delhi Salesforce DG Trailblazer Community Group: http://bit.ly/NewDelhiCommunity • Website: https://newdelhisfdcdug.com
4. Mentorship Central • We are dedicated to matching Mentee's seeking specific Salesforce goals with Mentors. • Sign up as a Mentor or Mentee and connect with other Mentors/Mentees • http://bit.ly/SFMentorshipCentral
5. Agenda LEARN . SHARE . CELEBRATE . SALESFORCE Understanding Sharing How Team-based Sharing works Use Case Lights, Camera & Demo
6. Understanding Sharing •Managed Sharing •User Managed Sharing •Apex Managed Sharing Types of Sharing •Private •Read Only •Read/Write •Full Access Access Levels
7. Understanding Sharing For every object in the Salesforce where we can implement record sharing, there is another standard object with the name objectnameShare which stores the record sharing information. So for example :- For Account, the corresponding object is AccountShare. For custom object, the corresponding object will be customObject__Share. So if Candidate is the custom object, corresponding object will be Candidate__Share.
8. What does a ‘Share’ object look like? Field Details AccessLevel Level of access that the User or Group has to the record. The possible values are: • Read • Edit • All ParentId ID of the record which is being shared. RowCause Reason that this sharing entry exists. Ex: Owner, Manual, Team, Rule etc. UserOrGroupId ID of the User or Group that has been given access to the Account.
9. Team-based Sharing Model For accounts(Account Team), opportunities(Opportunity Team), and cases(Case Team), record owners can use teams to allow other users access to their records. But what about other objects, especially custom objects?
10. Use Case Lot of Applications flying in No established organizational architecture yet(a young recruitment firm)
11. Flows! Stacy AwesomeAdmin @ forcePanda Stacy is now tasked to figure out some way to share the Applications as and when requested by the Application owner with other users(reviewers).
12. Resources • Understanding Sharing: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en- us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_bulk_sharing_understanding.htm • AccountShare Object definition: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en- us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_accountshare.htm • Flows trailmix: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/trails/automate_business_processes
13. Follow & Join New Delhi Salesforce DG • Join to know about future events and to RSVP: https://trailblazercommunitygroups.com/delhi-in-developers-group/ • Let’s start conversations on Success Community: http://bit.ly/NewDelhiCommunity • Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/newdelhisfdcdug • Hashtag: #ImpactSalesforceSaturday • Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newdelhisfdcdug • For all the content: https://newdelhisfdcdug.com