Published on September 2, 2020
1. Architecture & Prepare for Salesforce Certified Heroku Architecture Exam #ImpactSalesforceSaturday New Delhi Salesforce Developer Group @newdelhisfdcdug @durgesh_dhoot Durgesh Dhoot, Platform Evangelist @omprakash_it Om Prakash, Salesforce MVP LEARN . SHARE . CELEBRATE . SALESFORCE
2. Forward Looking Statement Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This presentation contains forward-looking statements about the company’s financial and operating results, which may include expected GAAP and non-GAAP financial and other operating and non-operating results, including revenue, net income, diluted earnings per share, operating cash flow growth, operating margin improvement, expected revenue growth, expected current remaining performance obligation growth, expected tax rates, the one-time accounting non-cash charge that was incurred in connection with the Salesforce.org combination; stock-based compensation expenses, amortization of purchased intangibles, shares outstanding, market growth and sustainability goals. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any such risks or uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company’s results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. The risks and uncertainties referred to above include -- but are not limited to -- risks associated with the effect of general economic and market conditions; the impact of geopolitical events; the impact of foreign currency exchange rate and interest rate fluctuations on our results; our business strategy and our plan to build our business, including our strategy to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud computing applications and platforms; the pace of change and innovation in enterprise cloud computing services; the seasonal nature of our sales cycles; the competitive nature of the market in which we participate; our international expansion strategy; the demands on our personnel and infrastructure resulting from significant growth in our customer base and operations, including as a result of acquisitions; our service performance and security, including the resources and costs required to avoid unanticipated downtime and prevent, detect and remediate potential security breaches; the expenses associated with new data centers and third-party infrastructure providers; additional data center capacity; real estate and office facilities space; our operating results and cash flows; new services and product features, including any efforts to expand our services beyond the CRM market; our strategy of acquiring or making investments in complementary businesses, joint ventures, services, technologies and intellectual property rights; the performance and fair value of our investments in complementary businesses through our strategic investment portfolio; our ability to realize the benefits from strategic partnerships, joint ventures and investments; the impact of future gains or losses from our strategic investment portfolio, including gains or losses from overall market conditions that may affect the publicly traded companies within the company's strategic investment portfolio; our ability to execute our business plans; our ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses and technologies, including delays related to the integration of Tableau due to regulatory review by the United Kingdom Competition and Markets Authority; our ability to continue to grow unearned revenue and remaining performance obligation; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; our ability to develop our brands; our reliance on third-party hardware, software and platform providers; our dependency on the development and maintenance of the infrastructure of the Internet; the effect of evolving domestic and foreign government regulations, including those related to the provision of services on the Internet, those related to accessing the Internet, and those addressing data privacy, cross-border data transfers and import and export controls; the valuation of our deferred tax assets and the release of related valuation allowances; the potential availability of additional tax assets in the future; the impact of new accounting pronouncements and tax laws; uncertainties affecting our ability to estimate our tax rate; the impact of expensing stock options and other equity awards; the sufficiency of our capital resources; factors related to our outstanding debt, revolving credit facility, term loan and loan associated with 50 Fremont; compliance with our debt covenants and lease obligations; current and potential litigation involving us; and the impact of climate change. Further information on these and other factors that could affect the company’s financial results is included in the reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings it makes with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time. These documents are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of the company’s website at www.salesforce.com/investor. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
3. Quick Introduction Durgesh Dhoot Platform Evangelist Partner Alliance Global Delivery Centers @ Salesforce Om Prakash Salesforce MVP DUG Leader Product Head @ 360 Degree Cloud SofiaAlmaStr awleyLloyd https://www.linkedin.com/in/durgeshdhoot/ @durgesh_dhoot https://trailblazer.me/id/durgeshdhoot https://in.linkedin.com/in/omprakash-it @omprakash_it https://trailblazer.me/id/durgeshdhoot
4. Help us in Spreading the word Tweet, Post on LinkedIn and Facebook or just email/WhatsApp your friends. Use the following handles and hashtags • Twitter: @newdelhisfdcdug • Hashtags #newdelhisfdcdug #ImpactSalesforceSaturday • Speaker: @omprakash_it @durgesh_dhoot • Other Hashtags #Heroku #talentCentral #MentorshipCentral • Join us on Telegram channel here @https://t.me/newdelhisfdcdug
5. • First Revival Meetup in February 2016 • Twitter: @newdelhisfdcdug • Hashtag: #ImpactSalesforceSaturday • New Delhi Salesforce DG Trailblazer Community Group: http://bit.ly/NewDelhiCommunity www.newdelhisfdcdug.com New Delhi Salesforce DG
6. #ImpactSalesforceSaturday ● #ImpactSalesforceSaturday is a series of online SalesforceSaturday sessions, a program run as part of New Delhi Salesforce Developer Group, where we run Knowledge Sharing Virtual Sessions. ● We have been doing this for a couple of years now, with this program being called "Virtual SalesforceSaturday", now rebranded to #ImpactSalesforceSaturday. ● You can Find all of our Past sessions we have organized here: ● https://newdelhisfdcdug.com/impactsalesforcesaturday-past/ ● You can Find all of our Upcoming sessions here: ● https://newdelhisfdcdug.com/impactsalesforcesaturday-upcoming/
7. The vision is to have Talent Central as the naukri.com / monster.com / indeed.com of India for Students looking for Jobs in Salesforce Ecosystem where the Companies and Students register on Talent Central Portal and can find each other. www.talentCentralglobal.com Talent Central
8. ● We are dedicated to matching Mentee's seeking specific Salesforce goals with Mentors. ● Sign up as a Mentor or Mentee and connect with other Mentors/Mentees http://bit.ly/SFMentorshipCentral Mentorship Central
9. Key Agenda for Today Guide to Prepare for Heroku Architect Designer Designing Scalable Heroku Architectures
10. Designing Scalable Heroku Architectures
11. Basic Building Blocks Of Heroku Database Enterprise grade Database as a service Elements Marketplace for logging, data and more Dyno Run virtually any language at any scale DevOps CI/CD setup for App development and release cycle Enterprise Network isolated private space, Heroku Connect, Teams “Everything you need to build, run, and scale customer apps”
12. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App
13. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App
14. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App Platform / CPU
15. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU
16. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU But, What is the next most important things that an app needs? Any Guess?
17. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU Database
18. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database
19. Heroku Data Services Fully managed, highly scalable services designed to work together Postgres Redis Kafka Managed Relational/SQL Database as a Service Managed Key-Value Store as a Service. Managed Kafka as a Service.
20. Any format? All these “as a Service” on Heroku • Heroku apps can be connected directly to Amazon RDS instances • Usage of built-in stores (e.g., Rails' SQLite) which use file storage are not recommended
21. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database many more…
22. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database many more…But what about the other Services that an app needs?
23. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database 3rd Party Services with Separate Contract
24. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party Services
25. Elements Market Find everything you need for your app, your stack, and your workflow in one place. Heroku Add Ons Fully-managed cloud services for building, operating, or managing apps. Install new add-ons from the Heroku Dashboard or CLI, and manage all billing, permissions, and configurations from a single Heroku account. Heroku Buttons Bundle of source code combined with a tiny set of instructions that allows you to automatically configure and deploy an app. Heroku Buildpacks Set of easily-modifiable scripts that install dependencies and compile your source code so that your app can run on the Heroku Platform. 6400+ 5000+ 175+
26. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party Services
27. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database Congratulations!!! The 1st Ver. of your App is Ready. ELEMENTS 3rd Party Services
28. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App 2.0 DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party Services But now you want to release another big feature in your App?
29. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App 2.0 DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party ServicesDevOps
30. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App 2.0 DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party ServicesFLOWS DevOps
31. Heroku Flows App-centric continuous delivery, optimized for developers. Heroku Pipelines Heroku CI Review Apps GitHub Integration Heroku ChatOps Release Phase
32. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App 2.0 DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party ServicesFLOWS DevOps
33. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App 2.0 DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party ServicesFLOWS DevOps Now what if you also want to integrate this with Salesforce Cloud?
34. Integration Options Heroku Connect Salesforce Connect OData APIs APIs Apex Calls to Get Data From Heroku APIs Publish Platform Events to Notify Heroku Canvas Apps
35. Easily Sync Data with Salesforce using Heroku Connect Create the steel pipe between Salesforce and Heroku Click-Based UI for Easy Data Sync with All Salesforce Objects Integrate External Data with Business Processes in Salesforce Connect Multiple Salesforce Orgs for a 360 Customer View 15B+ Rows of Customer Data 5x Faster data sync SALESFORCEPOSTGRESQL contact account anything contact account anything HEROKU CONNECT BI-DIRECTIONAL SYNC NO API Governor Limits
36. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App 2.0 DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party ServicesFLOWS DevOps ENTERPRISE HEROKU CONNECT
37. Code App Journey of a Code to become an App 2.0 DYNOS Platform / CPU DATA SERVICES Database ELEMENTS 3rd Party ServicesFLOWS DevOps Heroku also support a Hybrid Cloud Approach ENTERPRISE + PRIVATE SPACE HEROKU CONNECT VPN
38. Extend the Power of Lightning with Heroku Develop highly custom, scalable apps connected to your CRM System of engagement Marketing Journey Third party system …any other DB or system Mobile Apps Innovative experiences Web Apps Partners Web MBaaS API Add On (Kafka, Auth0 ...) DATA SERVICES DEVELOPER EXPERIENCE Heroku Connect Bi-direction sync API MC Connector API Xplenty Mulesoft APIVPC Peering VPN
39. Heroku Architecture Patterns https://www.salesforce.com/products/heroku/architecture/
40. Heroku Academy Episode 6 : Introduction, Heroku Platform & Data Services September 2020 @durgesh_dhoot | [email protected] Durgesh Dhoot, Platform Evangelist Journey to become a Heroku Expert Certification Prep Series for Heroku Architect Designers
41. Welcome to the Heroku Academy, a journey to become a Heroku Expert. We have divided this Academy into 2 Major Sections. ● 1st one is a virtual hands-on workshop that is being designed especially for those experienced full stack developers/salesforce developers who want to learn and get on-boarded on the Heroku Platform. ● 2nd one will help you in preparing for the “Heroku Architect Designers”, and to learn about all important topics which you should keep in mind while preparing for this certification. Target Audience: Full Stack Developers, Salesforce Developers, Architects Overview
42. Course Breakdown Pre Work sfdc.co/heroku101 sfdc.co/heroku102 4 Days Hands-On Workshop Office Hour & Post Work Exercises 3 Days Architect Journey Workshop Office Hours & Post Work Exercises August Week 1 August Week 2-3 Sept. Week 1-2 August Week 4 Sept. Week 3 Completed Heroku Academy Goal From 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM IST sfdc.co/heroku_academy_overview
43. This "Cert Prep Series: Heroku Architect Designer" is in continuation to our Heroku Virtual Hands Workshop Series, to help you in preparing for the Heroku Architect Designer, and to learn about all important topics which you should keep in mind while preparing for this cert. This workshop will be very useful for all the aspiring “Heroku Architect Designers“ who are planning to appear for this certification in the next couple of months. In this series, we will not be covering any hands-on and will only be covering advanced topics and topics which are important from the exam perspective. Overview
44. Course Breakdown Day 1 – Introduction, Heroku Platform & Data Services Sept. 1st Day 2 - Heroku Enterprise, Governance, Security and Compliance Sept. 3rd Day 3 - Architecting Applications, Integration and 12 Factor Sept. 8th From 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM IST Complete Your Certification Oct. 30th Complete All Exercise Sept. 30th Day 4 - Office Hour for this Workshop Sept. 15th sfdc.co/heroku_academy Register Now @
45. Day 1 – Sept 1st Introduction, Heroku Platform & Data Services Day 2 – Sept 3rd Heroku Enterprise, Governance, Security and Compliance Day 3 – Sept 8th Architecting Applications, Integration and 12 Factor Course Breakdown (In Detail) • Agenda Walkthrough • Introduction • Heroku Platform • Dynos – Types, Processes • Elements • Application Logging • Heroku Data Services • Postgres and its features • Redis and its use-cases • Kafka and its use-cases • Heroku Enterprise and its features • Private Space • Shield & Compliance • SSO For Heroku • Enterprise Teams and its features • Security, and Certifications • Private Connections with other cloud services • Heroku Connect in detail • Twelve-factor app methodology • Building a microservices architecture. • Architecture Patterns and use-cases • Integrate Heroku apps with the Salesforce Lightning Platform.
46. Feedback from the last iteration
47. ! Heroku Academy Guide ! One Stop Doc For Everything sfdc.co/heroku_academy_guide
48. Quick Summary • Basic Building Block of Heroku Platform • Heroku Dynos and Data Services – Postgres, Redis, Kafka • Heroku Elements – AddOns, Buttons, Buildpacks • Heroku Flows & Dev Ops • Heroku Enterprise and Heroku Connect • Some basic Architecture Patterns • Certification Preparation Guide • Heroku Academy • Starting September 1st
49. Register Now @ sfdc.co/heroku_academy