Published on June 10, 2016
1. Everyone Should Know: Interesting Facts About Swimming
2. Did You Know? 1.. Swimming started in the 1st century. 2.. Swimming has been a part of the Olympics since 1896. 3.. Elephants can swim as many as 20 miles a day — they use their trunks as natural snorkels! 4.. Kangaroos are excellent swimmers. 5.. The shorter your hair is the more chance you have for swimming faster because there is less friction.
3. 6.. Swimming strengthens the heart and lungs. 7.. The first swimming race recorded was in Japan. 8.. The Olympics began as a mens only competition and in 1912 women were allowed to participate 9.. You could fill every swimming pool in America with the amount of water that flows over Niagara Falls in just three days. 10.. The most popular swimming pool game is Marco Polo.
4. 11.. The most popular way to jump in a pool is a cannon ball. 12.. Swimming is the third most-popular activity or sport in the U.S (after walking and gardening/yard work). 13.. Swim fins were invented by Benjamin Franklin. 14.. The first cruise ship with a swimming pool was the Titanic 15.. Swimming works out all the body’s main muscles.
5. Connect With Us On Our Social Media Channels https://twitter.com/watersafeswim https://www.facebook.com/WatersafeSwimSchool https://www.youtube.com/user/SwimWatersafe
6. Contact Watersafe Swim School 3686 Cerritos Ave, Los Alamitos, CA 90720 345 10th Street, Seal Beach, CA 90740 (562) 596-8608 Or 1-855-WSS- SWIM http://www.watersafe.com
7. Contact Watersafe Swim School 3686 Cerritos Ave, Los Alamitos, CA 90720 345 10th Street, Seal Beach, CA 90740 (562) 596-8608 Or 1-855-WSS- SWIM http://www.watersafe.com