Published on June 13, 2016
1. ENLISTING ALLIES AMERICAN EGG BOARD
2. INCREASE DEMAND FOR EGGS AND EGG PRODUCTS AMERICAN EGG BOARD
3. PROTECT AND PROMOTE. AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION PLATFORM
4. • Agricultural / eggricultural education is critical • Farm-to-table • Transparency • Formalizing curriculum foundations: STEM and LANGUAGE ARTS • Teachers already doing this! WHY EDUCATION?
5. KEY MESSAGES • Protecting farmer reputations. • America’s egg farmers are committed to doing what’s right for their hens, the environment and their communities. • America’s egg farmers are proud to provide Americans with safe, affordable and nutritious food.
6. LEADING EDUCATION PROVIDER / ALLY • Trusted brand • K-12 • More than 50% of U.S. schools use its subscription-based, standards-aligned digital textbooks, streaming media • 1 million + educators: Discovery Educator Network • Discovery knows how kids learn • Embraces agriculture! DISCOVERY IS OUR ALLY AMERICAN EGG BOARD | 6
7. LIVE: Engaging branded content includes six (6) hosted virtual field trips -- 45 minutes of live programming each. ON DEMAND: Also available on demand via archive. OUR FIELD TRIPS K-5 STUDENTS 1 farm-to-table digital interactive 3 lessons plans 2 activities Teacher guide 6-8 MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS 1 digital interactive about sustainability 2 lessons plans 1 activity Teacher guide
8. HISTORY 2016 OHIO Hertzfeld Poultry Farms 2015 INDIANA Creighton Brothers 2014 ILLINOIS Pearl Valley Eggs 2013 OREGON Willamette Eggs 2012 ARIZONA Hickman Family Farms
9. HIGHLIGHTS • More than 1.9 million students reached through field trips, lessons plans and activities to date • More than 1 million total views of the Education Station program website: educationstation.discoveryeducation.com/ • Nearly 130,000 on-demand video streams
10. Creighton Brothers 2015
11. Pearl Valley Eggs
12. ALLIES BEGET ALLIES
13. ALLIES BEGET ALLIES
14. Communicating with Producers