Published on June 6, 2016
1. Native advertising The way to speed up content marketing
2. The Agenda • What is native advertising? • How big is it? • Why is it growing? • 7 tips to making it work
3. What is native advertising?
4. Native advertising is paid advertising where the ad matches the form, feel and function of the content of the media on which it appears.
5. Native advertising is paid advertising where the ad matches the form, feel and function of the content of the media on which it appears.
6. Why here at Epic Content Marketing?
7. ”If you build it they will come” is not enough anymore
8. By 2020, the amount of information on the Internet will grow by 500% compared to last year Source: Mark Schaefer, The Content Code
9. Native advertising will become part of every content marketing strategy
10. Television has a ratio of 1:5 creation to distribution ratio In content and native it’s 5:1
11. Let’s dive in
12. How does it look?
13. Articles in newspapers, magazines and blogs – offline and online
14. Promoted or sponsored posts on social media like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
15. Advertiser funded programming on broadcast and web tv
16. Influencer distributed content
17. Influencer distributed content
18. In app content
19. What about programatic?
20. Native advertising is paid advertising where the ad matches the form, feel and function of the content of the media on which it appears.
21. Native vs true native
22. Is native advertising new?
23. How big is it?
24. Traditional advertising 2015 = 75%
25. Traditional advertising 2020 = 50%
26. Native advertising Content marketing
27. More than 60% of Facebooks revenue comes from native In 2016 more than 50% of LinkedIns revenues comes from native
28. Hvad skal vi igennem? In 2020 75,9% of all digital marketing will be mobile 63,2% of that will be native advertising
29. 43% uses it for CM Source: CMI
30. #3: The honeymoon is over
31. #1: Content is exploding
32. Why is it growing?
33. #1. Advertisers want it
34. Hvad skal vi igennem?
35. Hvad skal vi igennem? 44%
36. Hvad skal vi igennem?
37. Hvad skal vi igennem?
38. CTR on Native is 4x
39. #2. The publishers want it
40. 85% says native is important or very important 73% are positive towards native 92% believe it ads value to advertisers 75% believe it ads value to audience Source: Native Advertising Institute
41. #3. The customers want it
42. “It has been found that the less an advertisement looks like an advertisement and the more it looks like an editorial, the more readers stop, look and read.” David Ogilvy, the “Father of Advertising”
43. Facebook sponsored post gives 49x more clicks than Facebook ads At 45% of the price45 Source: Josh Koetsier-survey
44. 33% of the readers are equally inclined to click on an article that comes from a brand as they are that of an editorial article Source: Contently The audience is looking more on sponsored articles that they are looking at regular editorial content (26% vs 24%) Source: Sharethrough and IPG Media Lab
45. 7 tips to making it work
46. #1: You need a strategy
47. #2: Find the right audience
48. #3: Native advertising needs to be just as good as the editorial content
49. Guiding light • Produced and financed by P&G • Launched June 30. 1952 på NBC • Stopped September 18. 2009 • 57 years • 15.000 episodes
50. #4: Leverage the skills of the media companies
51. A NEXT GENERATION ENTERTAINMENT SERIES – INTEGRATION SOCIAL AND MOBILE PLATFORMS 73
52. 31% has an inhouse studio 66% use editorial team
53. #5: It has got to be transparent
54. #6: Make it shareable and multichannel
55. A NEXT GENERATION ENTERTAINMENT SERIES – INTEGRATION SOCIAL AND MOBILE PLATFORMS 78
56. A NEXT GENERATION ENTERTAINMENT SERIES – INTEGRATION SOCIAL AND MOBILE PLATFORMS 79
57. A NEXT GENERATION ENTERTAINMENT SERIES – INTEGRATION SOCIAL AND MOBILE PLATFORMS 80
58. #7: Be a daytrader
59. TAK FOR I DAG JESPER LAURSEN Email: [email protected] Twitter: @jesperlaursen
60. Who is doing it right?
61. What: Sponsoreret posts on Reddit How: • Marriott Hotels ran ”Virtual Travel Experience”-campaign. • Asked users to promote their city
62. Results: • 200.000 visits • The sponsored peice with most user- generated content • Webby awards for best native advertising
63. Resultat: • 70.000 read article • 20.000 saw video • 5.200 shares on Facebook • Ran out of meat one week before Christmas • Mediebedriftenes Landsforenings (MBL) markedspris for 2014
64. Challenges and threats Let’s dive in
66. Target audience
68. Influencers BuzzSumo Ads in-stream on Facebook What about programmatic???
70. Channels Earned Paid Owned
71. Earned Paid
72. Content Advertising
73. Organic Paid
74. Traditional media PR Native
75. Social Media Shares Native
76. Influencers PR Native