Published on June 30, 2016
1. Paper, Pulp and Paper Conversion Industries (Hard-Board, Kraft Paper, SodaSemi-ChemicalPulp and Boxboard)
2. www.entrepreneurindia.co Introduction The paper conversion sectors are assuming increasingly important place in the life of every nation. Conversion technology is being evolved continuously for having better conversion, handling, transportation, preservation and usage of materials. Paper and Pulp industry plays a vital role towards conversion. Pulping is a process of delignification removing lignin from wood while leaving cellulose fibres intact.
3. www.entrepreneurindia.co Pulp and paper can be produced from many resources like; Eta Reed, bamboo, bagasse, elephant grass, etc. Growing population and increased demand of paper products has created raw material shortage all over the world especially in developing countries. Consequently agricultural residues and farm wastes are the only hope for further pulp papermaking in these countries. However, technology is evolving that holds promise for using waste or recycled paper and, in some cases,
4. www.entrepreneurindia.co even plastics to make an array of high performance composite products that are in themselves potentially recyclable. Pulp and paper industry is one of the largest industries in India today, which consumes huge quantity of water. As the product does not contain any water most of the water used in the process reappears as waste. Therefore the waste water is used in crop irrigation which will solve both problems i.e. industrial waste solution and irrigation.
5. www.entrepreneurindia.co The Indian paper industry has close linkages with economic growth as higher industrial output leads to increased demand for industrial paper for packaging, increased marketing spend benefits the newsprint and value added segments, and increased education and office activities increase demand for writing and printing paper. It is estimated that there is an economic growth of 8.5% for India which will benefit the demand for paper.
6. www.entrepreneurindia.co The major contents of the book are dry process hard boards from recycled newsprint paper fibres, abrasive kraft base paper from sun hemp (crotolaria jauncia), production of soda semi chemical pulp from sesbania sesban (linn.) merr., high yield pulps from eta reed, the influence of clay addition on flotation deinking, alternative uses for waste/paper in wood based composite products, deinking of flexo graphic newsprint: use of ultra filtration to close the water loop etc.
7. www.entrepreneurindia.co This book also consists of alkaline pulping chemistry, manufacturers, suppliers of plant & machinery and allied products, manufacturers and suppliers of raw materials, imported pulp manufacturers & suppliers imported pulp, Indian agents for imported pulp etc. In view of the close linkage between paper and conversion industry we have tried to come out with this unique book containing relevant and useful information in both these industries.
8. We have tried to make it most exhaustive first giving details, then presenting and dividing in different chapter to understand better. Thus we have tried to fill the vacuum that existed fill now. This book will be useful for paper chemists as well as conversion industries. www.entrepreneurindia.co
9. www.entrepreneurindia.co Table of Contents 1.Dry-ProcessHard-Boards From Recycled Newsprint PaperFibers 2.Abrasive KraftBase Paperfrom Sun Hemp (Crotolaria Jauncia) 3.Production of Soda Semi-Chemical Pulp from Sesbania Sesban (Linn.) Merr. 4.High Yield Pulps fromEtaReed 5.The Influence of ClayAddition on Flotation Deinking 6.Alternative Uses for Waste/Paperin Wood-Based Composite Products 7.Deinking of Flexo-Graphic Newsprint: Use of Ultrafiltration toClose the Water Loop 8.Utilization of Lime
10. www.entrepreneurindia.co 9.Recent Developments in Paper Drying 10.Pulp and PaperMaking From Agricultural Residues and Agro-Wastes 11.High Yield Pulps from Bamboo 12.Semichemical Pulping of Bagasse 13.Modified Pulping Process for Newsprint Grade Pulps from Bagasse 14.Delignification of Bagasse Pulps using Oxygen and Alkali 15.Production of KraftPaperfrom Elephant Grass 16.Water Hyacinth (Eichhornia Crassipes)for Papers &Boards 17.Urena LobataLinn. : A New Fibre Crop forPulp &Paper 18.AQ Additive Copulping of HardWood and Soft Wood 19.Improved Penetration of Pulping Reagents into wood 20.The use of Polysac-Charide Derivatives for Better Yields in Paper Manufacture
11. www.entrepreneurindia.co 21.Gemelina Arborea (Gamari) Pulping Alone and Mixed with Bamboo 22.Beloit "Converflo" HeadboxConcept &Development 23.Grinding of M.G. Cylinder in Position 24.Pulping Equipment forAgricultural Residues 25.PaperMachine Design for non-Wood Fibres 26.Design of Concentrator Systemsfor Indian Raw Material 27.Standardisation of Pulp Mill Effluent for Irrigation Purposes 28.Effluent Treatment of NewsprintMill byUsing Coal ASH 29.Sludge Characteristics and Disposal Alternatives for the Pulpand Paper Industry 30.Quantification of Plastic in Pulp Slurries 31.Smelters for Chemical Recovery 32.Environmentally Sound Alternatives for Upgrading Mixed Office Waste
12. www.entrepreneurindia.co 33.Dryingof Paper 34.Brightness and Opacity of Paper 35.Paper Machine-Forming Section 36.Corrugated Containers 37.Ranking of Papers by in Plane Tear Strength andElmendors Tear Strength 38.Boxboard 39.Alkaline Pulping Chemistry 40.Manufacturers, Suppliersof Plant &Machinery and Allied Products 41.Manufacturers and Suppliers of Raw Materials 42.Imported Pulp Manufacturers & Suppliers Imported Pulp 43.Indian Agents for Imported Pulp
13. www.entrepreneurindia.co Niir Project Consultancy Services (NPCS) can provide Process Technology Book on Pulp, Paper and Paper Conversion Industries See more http://goo.gl/iVNuqa http://goo.gl/yFOLJG
14. Visit us at
15. Take a look at NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES on #StreetView https://goo.gl/VstWkd www.entrepreneurindia.cowww.niir.org
16. Locate us on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/BKkUtq9gevT2 www.entrepreneurindia.co
17. An ISO 9001:2008 Company www.entrepreneurindia.co
18. o One of the leading reliable names in industrial world for providing the most comprehensive technical consulting services o We adopt a systematic approach to provide the strong fundamental support needed for the effective delivery of services to our Clients’ in India & abroad Who are we? www.entrepreneurindia.co
19. o Project Identification o Detailed Project Reports/Pre-feasibility Reports o Business Plan o Industry Trends o Market Research Reports o Technology Books and Directory o Databases on CD-ROM o Laboratory Testing Services o Turnkey Project Consultancy/Solutions o Entrepreneur India (An Industrial Monthly Journal) What do we offer? www.entrepreneurindia.co
20. o We have two decades long experience in project consultancy and market research field o We empower our customers with the prerequisite know-how to take sound business decisions o We help catalyze business growth by providing distinctive and profound market analysis o We serve a wide array of customers , from individual entrepreneurs to Corporations and Foreign Investors o We use authentic & reliable sources to ensure business precision How are we different ? www.entrepreneurindia.co
21. Our Approach Requirement collection Thorough analysis of the project Economic feasibility study of the Project Market potential survey/research Report Compilation www.entrepreneurindia.co
22. Who do we serve? o Public-sector Companies o Corporates o Government Undertakings o Individual Entrepreneurs o NRI’s o Foreign Investors o Non-profit Organizations, NBFC’s o Educational Institutions o Embassies & Consulates o Consultancies o Industry / trade associations www.entrepreneurindia.co
23. Sectors We Cover o Ayurvedic And Herbal Medicines, Herbal Cosmetics o Alcoholic And Non Alcoholic Beverages, Drinks o Adhesives, Industrial Adhesive, Sealants, Glues, Gum & Resin o Activated Carbon & Activated Charcoal o Aluminium And Aluminium Extrusion Profiles & Sections, o Bio-fertilizers And Biotechnology o Breakfast Snacks And Cereal Food o Bicycle Tyres & Tubes, Bicycle Parts, Bicycle Assembling www.entrepreneurindia.co
24. Sectors We Cover Cont… o Bamboo And Cane Based Projects o Building Materials And Construction Projects o Biodegradable & Bioplastic Based Projects o Chemicals (Organic And Inorganic) o Confectionery, Bakery/Baking And Other Food o Cereal Processing o Coconut And Coconut Based Products o Cold Storage For Fruits & Vegetables o Coal & Coal Byproduct www.entrepreneurindia.co
25. Sectors We Cover Cont… o Copper & Copper Based Projects o Dairy/Milk Processing o Disinfectants, Pesticides, Insecticides, Mosquito Repellents, o Electrical, Electronic And Computer based Projects o Essential Oils, Oils & Fats And Allied o Engineering Goods o Fibre Glass & Float Glass o Fast Moving Consumer Goods o Food, Bakery, Agro Processing www.entrepreneurindia.co
26. Sectors We Cover Cont… o Fruits & Vegetables Processing o Ferro Alloys Based Projects o Fertilizers & Biofertilizers o Ginger & Ginger Based Projects o Herbs And Medicinal Cultivation And Jatropha (Biofuel) o Hotel & Hospitability Projects o Hospital Based Projects o Herbal Based Projects o Inks, Stationery And Export Industries www.entrepreneurindia.co
27. Sectors We Cover Cont… o Infrastructure Projects o Jute & Jute Based Products o Leather And Leather Based Projects o Leisure & Entertainment Based Projects o Livestock Farming Of Birds & Animals o Minerals And Minerals o Maize Processing(Wet Milling) & Maize Based Projects o Medical Plastics, Disposables Plastic Syringe, Blood Bags o Organic Farming, Neem Products Etc. www.entrepreneurindia.co
28. Sectors We Cover Cont… o Paints, Pigments, Varnish & Lacquer o Paper And Paper Board, Paper Recycling Projects o Printing Inks o Packaging Based Projects o Perfumes, Cosmetics And Flavours o Power Generation Based Projects & Renewable Energy Based Projects o Pharmaceuticals And Drugs o Plantations, Farming And Cultivations o Plastic Film, Plastic Waste And Plastic Compounds o Plastic, PVC, PET, HDPE, LDPE Etc. www.entrepreneurindia.co
29. Sectors We Cover Cont… o Potato And Potato Based Projects o Printing And Packaging o Real Estate, Leisure And Hospitality o Rubber And Rubber Products o Soaps And Detergents o Stationary Products o Spices And Snacks Food o Steel & Steel Products o Textile Auxiliary And Chemicals www.entrepreneurindia.co
30. Sectors We Cover Cont… o Township & Residential Complex o Textiles And Readymade Garments o Waste Management & Recycling o Wood & Wood Products o Water Industry(Packaged Drinking Water & Mineral Water) o Wire & Cable www.entrepreneurindia.co
31. Niir Project Consultancy Services 106-E, Kamla Nagar, New Delhi-110007, India. Email: [email protected] , [email protected] Tel: +91-11-23843955, 23845654, 23845886 Mobile: +91-9811043595 Fax: +91-11-23841561 Website : www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co Take a look at NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES on #StreetView https://goo.gl/VstWkd www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
32. www.niir.org Follow Us www.entrepreneurindia.co
33. For more information, visit us at: www.entrepreneurindia.co