Published on November 8, 2014
The NextGen Sales Process - Incorporating The Buyer by Sally Duby
Sales Hacker Conference San Francisco - November 6, 2014
Visit SalesHacker.com for more sales hacks, tips, and tactics.
1. November 2014 1
2. 2 What Do I Know?
3. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly 3 Buyer Persona’s Buyers Journey NexGen Sales Process
4. 4 The Bad Discovery 10% Demo 25% Proposal 50% Negotiation 75% Closed Won 100%
5. The Ugly!! 5
7. The Buyers Journey The Buyer’s Journey 7 Buyer performs independent research Buyer engages with sales rep Awareness Consideration Buying Buying Phase Unaware Aware Define Problem Explore Options Evaluate Commit to Change Key buyer actions Observe market trends Identify trigger event Recognize problem Identify consequences Research options Establish functional requirements Engage key stakeholders Narrow down list of options (short list) Confirm functional requirements Conduct detailed solution evaluations Justify decision Finalize pricing & contractual terms Check references Obtain purchase approvals
8. Aware Define problem Explore Options Evaluate Commit To Uncover & neutralize objections 8 Change Best Case Upside Commit Prospect Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3 Stage 4 Stage 5 Discovery Talking Evaluating Buying Closed / Won/Lost Identify business drivers Confirm business drivers Engage with Decision Maker Confirm/gain approval by ultimate DM Identify contact role Identify decision maker & key influencer(s) Provide case study Gain agreement on terms & conditions if necessary/applicable Identify implementation timeline Confirm implementation timeline Provide customer contact info if references requested Confirm new fiscal budget Gather qualification criteria Provide list of area/similar customers Prepare & present pricing Call customer at least every 3 weeks Schedule date/time for introductory call with Sales Rep Identify competition & set land mines Identify what is required (PO/invoice/etc.) for us to get paid Have ROI conversation Confirm we have been awared the bid if applicable Confirm purchase intent via phone or email Discuss implementation process & set expectations Try to complete Confirm # of buildings, computers & faculty they are supporting Provide ballpark pricing & case study Exit Criteria Introductory call completed SD & client have mutually agreed to move forward Webcast completed Client has provided a confirmed purchase date or sent to school board for approval Purchase vehicle (PO /credit card / authorized purchase letter/email) received from client Time in stage: 60 days max 60 days max Activities to complete Must complete
9. Keys To Your Success • Outline and understand your key buyer 9 personas • Be relevant to your buyer • Develop and follow a Buyer Focused Sales Process
10. Thank You! Linkedin: sallyduby Twitter: @sallyduby [email protected] FREE RESOURCES: www.bridgegroupinc.com/resources.html 10