Published on June 14, 2016
1. Looking for a job? Stop applying!
2. Start being FOUND
3. Fly back with me to the labormarket in the year 2003 from an employers perspective Card catalog Vacany Announcement Own website A few digital and a lot of non-digital jobboards Your building/ frontdoor
4. So this is 2016 from a employers perspective
5. And this is how people apply 2003 versus 2016 2003 2016
6. APPLYING IS LIKE A GAME YOU CAN PLAY IT IN 2 WAYS: 1. Old school way: I need something from you 2. New school way: come and get me
7. OLD SCHOOL APPLYING = PASSIVE You put all your energy in: • finding suitable ads; • writing personalized good letters; • making stunning Resumé’s; Maybe you are lucky or you get rejected PHASE 2. You wait until you get notified. PHASE 3. PHASE 1. I NEED SOME- THING FROM YOU Startoveragain
8. NEW SCHOOL APPLYING = ACTIVE PHASE 1. PUTTING ALL YOUR YOUR ENERGY IN BEING FOUND AND USING YOUR NETWORK!
9. HOW DO I GET FOUND?
10. Personal Branding: Active Visability Link and network Associations You and your values Ambassadors Voluntairy Army Being interesting enough Naturel Showing what your proud of Connect
11. After this TEDx-talk you know how the game is played in 2016 and you don’t apply anymore!