Published on June 8, 2016
1. #CNX16 The Future of Mobile How to stay ahead of your competition with Salesforce and Gentrop Twitter: @GustavoHolloway LinkedIn: /in/gustavoholloway Gustavo Holloway de Souza
2. *http://www.wired.com/insights/2013/12/the-challenges-and-future-of-sms-technology/ “…SMS is really the first “killer app” for mobile devices” “These trends are conspiring to keep new uses for this venerable technology very highly visible to consumers for some time to come.”
3. Gentrop Building Your Journey to Success
4. The Internet is Young
5. We are Now in a Fully Connected World
6. #CNX16 “…the expectation that I can get what I want in my immediate context and moments of need…” - The Mobile Mind-Shift Julie Ask
7. How are apps being consumed today? Mobile App vs. Mobile Web * Marketing Land: http://marketingland.com/study-mobile-apps-for-engagement-mobile-web-for-research-comparisons-146192
8. The Value of Personalization… * http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/16/the-personalization-curve-just-how-far-along-is-your-brand/
9. Moving to a Push vs. Pull Model
10. Not Limited to Mobile…
11. End of the mobile app?
12. Two Paths are Emerging
13. #CNX16 Intelligent Notifications
14. Simple Notifications to Intelligent Notifications Take actions without launching the app e.g. Re-Tweeting Notifications are prioritized based on what is important to you and your habits System is Constantly listening to Messages and providing Contextual Actions
15. Think Device Independent Atomic Units Content needs to be broken down into atomic units so that it can work agnostic of the screen size or technology platform.
16. Ultimately… Cards are Personalized & Prioritized • All the Actions are part of the Card • You don’t need to open the App The App itself can be within a Card and take actions Share, Find, Book etc… Cards are Personalized & Prioritized Scroll to different cards within the same source The App itself can be within a Card and take actions
17. It’s not that far away…
18. #CNX16 5
19. #CNX16 Chat Platforms
20. Messaging will be the New Platform
21. Messaging is taking over
22. Messaging has the most engaged users *https://www.nexmo.com/blog/2015/04/07/introducing-nexmo-chat-app-api-2/
23. Line Taxi – App within an App
24. Facebook’s Example Started off as just another messenger App
25. Added payments…
26. Add Business…
27. Facebook “M”
28. Messaging is the New Platform
29. So… What’s next for these platforms?
30. How will Bots work? A bot can respond to requests, make reservations and buy things for you. You now have invisible apps that enable you to get things done without ever leaving your context. With Open APIs and a engaged Customer, messaging apps are set to lead how to engage with your Customer.
31. Apple and Google are Scared
32. By YE18, customer digital assistants will recognize individuals by face and voice across channels and partners. By 2020, smart agents will facilitate 40% of mobile interactions, and the post-app era will begin to dominate. & Post App Era – Future of Engagement
33. The end of Mobile First? "Looking to the future, the next big step will be for the very concept of the 'device' to fade away,” "Over time, the computer itself — whatever its form factor — will be an intelligent assistant helping you through your day. We will move from mobile first to an AI first world.” Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google.
34. #CNX16 Questions? Talk to us at www.facebook.com/Gentrop
35. Take the after-session survey! Take the Survey in the Connections 2016 Mobile App Join the conversation! #CNX16
36. Join Us For Dreamforce 2016 October 4-7, 2016 | San Francisco, CA
37. #CNX16 Thank You