Published on August 2, 2017
1. Yusuf Chowdhury 210-316-3123 www.meetup.com/SAOnlineMarketing www.OnlineBusinessOwners.org The Musts of an Email List
2. 2 @yusufchowdhury #digitalmarketing #bizvlogsummit
3. 3 Why Email Marketing Is Important?
4. 4 •91% of consumers check their mail at least once a day •Over 2/3 of all emails are opened on mobile devices •Email is the most popular activity on smart phones among 18- 44 yrs. old users •64% of decision makers read their email on mobile devices •66% of U.S. online consumers made a purchase as a result of email marketing •Over 70% of mobile purchasing decisions are influenced by promotional emails 91
5. 5 Nearly one third of email recipients open email based on subject line alone.
6. 6 Crazy subject lines generate opens but will damage subscriber relationships.
7. 7 Using “Alert”, “News”, “Bulletin” in subject lines significantly boosts open and CTR.
8. 8 Using the words “Sale”, “New”, “Video” in subject lines boost open and CTR.
9. 9 A FEW MORE EMAIL FACTS THAT AFFECT MARKETING •Almost HALF of subscribers on most email lists are inactive •Over 20% of marketing emails never make it to a subscriber’s inbox •Email open rates are noticeably lower on weekends than on weekdays •We recommend using text of at least 13px – 16px for body copy
10. Which Email Marketing Platform?
11. 11 You can’t build an email list without targeted traffic.
12. 12 With a proper sales funnel, you can create fans out of people who never even knew you existed!
13. 13 There are basically three types of people you’ll interact with during the sales process: 1.Leads. 2.Prospects. 3.Customers.
14. 14 • Traffic • Online presence • Brand Awareness • Education • Evaluation (test drive) • Purchase • Loyal Fan/Repeat Customer The Sales Process
15. 1. Organic 2. Direct 3. Referral 4. Paid 5. Social 5 areas of web traffic 15
16. Start Blogging - Write compelling content - Optimize your content for SEO - Must be sharable in social networking sites - Submit unique blog posts on external websites - Guest posts. 16
17. Submit your Blog posts - alltop.com - plus.google.com/communities - linkedin.com/directory/groups - quora.com - medium.com - business2community.com - ontoplist.com - bloggingfusion.com 17
18. helpareporter.com i-Newswire.com releasewire.com 24-7pressrelease.com pr.com free-press-release.com 1888pressrelease.com onlineprnews.com marketpressrelease.com newsvine.com Submit to PR websites 18
19. Local chapters BBB Niche based directories Submit to Web Directories 19
20. EBook Syndication - free-ebooks.net - getfreeebooks.com - e-library.net - ebookdirectory.com/ 20
21. Podcast websites - apple.com/itunes - podfeed.net - stitcher.com - blubrry.com - learnoutloud.com - digitalpodcast.com - podomatic.com - blogtalkradio.com 21
22. Audio/Podcast Submission Website - soundcloud.com - yourlisten.com - audioboo.fm - chirbit.com 22
23. Digital Magazine Websites - calameo.com - yudu.com - scribd.com - issuu.com 23
24. PowerPoint sharing websites - slideshare.net - slideboom.com - authorstream.com - prezi.com - slideserve.com - powershow.com - speakerdeck.com - slideplayer.com 24
25. Video Websites - youtube.com - vimeo.com - wonderhowto.com - metacafe.com - dailymotion.com 25
26. Social Networking Site facebook.com twitter.com Periscope.tv youtube.com pinterest.com linkedin.com stumbleupon.com digg.com reddit.com delicious.com 26
27. Online Advertising - google.com/adwords - facebook.com/advertising - ads.twitter.com - linkedin.com/ads/ - ads.pinterest.com/ - stumbleupon.com/pd - outbrain.com/ - taboola.com 27
28. Infographics Submission website - infographicsarchive.com/submit-infographics/ - submitinfographics.com/ - infographicsite.com/submit-infographic/ - visual.ly - reddit.com/r/infographics/ - nerdgraph.com/submit-infographic/ - infographiclove.com 28
29. 29 How to Get More Opt-ins on?
30. 30 - Utilize your web pages strategically. - Place Your CTA Where the Eye Can See. - Use Contrast to Make CTAs Stand out. - Link Your CTA to a Dedicated Landing Page. - Offer opt-in on multiple locations. - Use different copy but stay relevant. - Try different formats.
31. 31 “A great auto-responder builds a strong foundation for your relationship with your new subscriber. So Use a single warm, personal message early on”
32. 32 How to Keep Subscribers? - Give out Irresistible offer. - Focus on Creating An Amazing Title. - Focus on your leads. - 90% not promotional. - Don’t send too often.
33. 33 • EBooks or Guides. • Templates or Presentations. • Research & Reports. • Whitepapers. • Live Webinars. • On-demand Videos. • Blog posts.
34. 34 “For an experiment, we changed the title of an ebook and ran an A/B test to see which one would perform better. we took the original title “The Productivity Handbook for Busy Marketers” and changed it to “7 Apps That Will Change the Way You Do Marketing.” source: www.hubspot.com