Published on June 7, 2016
1. THE SCIENCE BEHIND GENERATING BIG DATA EMIL SAYEGH Chairman and CEO of CODERO HOSTING JUNE 7, 2016 CloudExpo & ThingsExpo 2016 EAST Javits Center New York City
2. 2 THE INTERNET OF THINGS WHAT THE &[email protected]! IS THAT?
3. The Internet of Things (IoT) is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals or people that are provided with unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to- computer interaction.
4. IoT Growth! Some 30-50 Billion Connections by 2020 Earnings of $8.9 Trillion by 2020 for IoT related sectors Nearly $6 Trillion will be spent on IoT solutions in next 5 yrs Key Verticals: Wearables, Cars, Homes, Smart Cities, Industrials
5. Applications Driving IoT 1. Smart Manufacturing: for flow optimization, real time inventory, asset tracking and more 2. Building and Home Automation: access control and energy optimization 3. Smart Cities: residential E-meters, pipe leak detection and more 4. Smart/Driverless Vehicles: Cars, buses, agricultural combines 5. Wearable: with applications in entertainment and fitness (smart watches) 6. Health Care: with application in gathering, monitoring, drug tracking and hospital asset tracking
6. HYPE OR REALITY ? QUIT @#$%ING SAYING IOT
7. Reality but has many challenges • Data overload • Multiple connectivity options • Security • Complexity • Processing • Rendering • Global and far reaching footprint
8. Regardless… As the number of devices and sensors increase, as well as their applications, they will create an ever growing need to store large quantities of information which will have to be collected, analyzed and stored in as near real time as possible.
9. IoT = Hundreds of Thousands of Applications…
10. 12 Your Traffic No IoT Growth Strategy… Classic Two Tiered Architecture Firewall Server Server Server One DC STARTUP
11. 13 Your Traffic No Strategy… Nice Easy Growth Phase Proxy Web Server Web Server DB Server Firewall DB Server One DC STARTUP EASY GROWTH
12. 14 No Strategy… Yikes! People Dig it! Proxy Web Server Web Server DB Server Firewall DB Server Web Server Web Server Your Traffic One DC STARTUP EASY GROWTH DIG
13. 15 No Strategy… Quick! Fix the Databases! Proxy Web Server Web Server DB Server Firewall DB Server Web Server Web Server DB Server DB Server DB Server DB Server Your Traffic Multiple DCs STARTUP EASY GROWTH DIG CRUNCH
14. 16 No Strategy… PANIC!!! Your Traffic DC 1 DC 2 STARTUP EASY GROWTH DIG CRUNCH PANIC!!! Firewall Web Server Web Server DB Server DB Server Web Server Web Server DB Server
15. The choices for hosting IoT Big Data can be confusing and daunting
16. Meet the Hybrid Cloud
17. Need for Distributed Hybrid Key Hybrid Benefits: Reduce costs Deliver choice Increases flexibility Accelerates deployment Improves reusability Speeds innovation • Data isolation, security and privacy – increasingly critical • Data Bases & Big Data – requires I/O performance and scalability • Cloudbursting – cloud’s ability to quickly scale up or down • Lock-in avoidance – changing standards, portability, integration • Best venue – ability to select optimal infrastructure for applications
18. Hybrid Eliminates OVER PAYING DATA ISOLATION PERFORMANCE CUSTOMIZATION REGULATORY
19. Taking Hybrid Computing to the Edge
20. • Codero delivers dedicated, cloud, managed, and hybrid hosting services to approximately 4,000 domestic and international customers. • Codero’s mission is to deliver exceptional service by providing world-class technology powered by hosting experts who are focused 100% on the customer. • Leader in patented On Demand hybrid technology • 30+ edge locations and point of presence Meet Codero…
21. ? Questions EMIL SAYEGH Chairman and CEO of CODERO HOSTING Email: [email protected] www.codero.com