Published on November 13, 2015
1. www.entrepreneurindia.co Tomato & Tomato Products Manufacturing (Cultivation & Processing)
3. INFORMATIONABOUTTHEBOOK Title: The Complete Book on Tomato & Tomato Products Manufacturing (Cultivation & Processing) Author: NPCS Board of Consultants & Engineers Format: Paperback ISBN: 978-93-81039-68-7 Code: ENI294 Pages: 336 Published: 2015 Publisher: Asia Pacific Business Press Inc. www.entrepreneurindia.co
4. www.entrepreneurindia.co Tomato is one of the most popular fruit in the world. The products of tomato like paste, juice, ketchup, etc. are widely used in kitchens all around the world. Tomatoes and tomato-based foods are considered healthy for the reason that they are low in calories, but possess a remarkable combination of antioxidant micronutrients.
5. www.entrepreneurindia.co Tomato industry has been growing significantly over the past several decades. Changing life style and taste of consumers in different countries will motivate the growth of the tomato products market. The industries can retain maximum market share by differentiating their products in the market, by coming up with innovative products and by focusing on different packaged tomato products.
6. www.entrepreneurindia.co India is one of the largest consumers of tomatoes, as well as the second largest tomato producing country in the world followed by China. Although raw tomato consumption is the mainstream means of consumption in today's India, the market for processed tomato is expected to expand in the near future considering the remarkable economic growth and dietary culture changes.
7. www.entrepreneurindia.co Tomatoes are widely grown commodity with 136 mt production in the world. There is a big market for tomato products. The market scenario has revealed a positive indication for the specially packed tomato products in local as well as outside market. It is estimated that the total production of processed fruit & vegetable in India is about 15.0 lakh tonne.
8. www.entrepreneurindia.co The major content of the book are varieties of tomato, select the best seeds and seedlings, growing preparation, canning of tomatoes, how to store & preserve tomatoes, basis for successful cultivation of tomato, crop husbandry, tomato pruning, dehydration/drying of tomatoes, canning of tomatoes, preserving by heating, tomato pulp, tomato paste, tomato ketchup, tomato juice, tomato powder, hazard analysis and critical control points, FPO and Agmark, products packaging, marketing
9. www.entrepreneurindia.co The purpose of this book is to present the elements of the technology of tomato preservation. The book explains raw material requirement, manufacturing process with flow diagrams of various tomato products with addresses of plant & machinery suppliers with their photographs. It deals with the products prepared from tomato commercially.
10. www.entrepreneurindia.co It will be a standard reference book for professionals, entrepreneurs, food technologists, those studying and researching in this important area and others interested in the field of tomato products manufacturing.
11. TABLEOFCONTENTS 1. INTRODUCTION Varieties of Tomato Other Tomato Varieties Major Tomato Growing Belts in India Botanical Description of Tomato Plant Uses of Tomatoes Health Benefits Home Remedy of Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Medicinal Uses of Tomato (Solanum Lycopersicum) Benefits of Tomato Lower Cholesterol www.entrepreneurindia.co
12. www.entrepreneurindia.c o Reduce Heart Disease Lower Blood Pressure Regulates Blood Sugar Counteract Acidosis Reduce Migraines Boost Immunity Natural Sunscreen Strengthen Bones Treatment of Vasodilation Lead Toxicity Eye Disorder Combating Stroke Mood Wound Repair Diabetes
13. www.entrepreneurindia.co 2. BASIS FOR SUCCESSFUL CULTIVATION OF TOMATO Climate and Soil Temperature and Light Climate Zones for Tomato Varieties Zone A Zone B Zone C Soil Water and Humidity Choice of Varieties Growing Preparation Site Selection Land Preparation
14. www.entrepreneurindia.co Purchasing Tomato Seedlings Seedlings Nursery Management Crop Spacing and Arrangement Transplanting 3. CROP HUSBANDRY Bulky Organic Manures Farmyard Manure Sheep and Goat Manure Poultry Manure Concentrated Organic Manures Oil Cakes
15. www.entrepreneurindia.co Major Sources of Manures Advantages of Organic Manures Fertilizers Nitrogen Phosphorus Potassium Calcium Minor Elements Watering/Irrigation 1. Surface Irrigation 2. Sprinkler Irrigation 3. Drip Irrigation Pruning Pruning to Shape Nipping
16. www.entrepreneurindia.co Heading Trimming Leaves Weed Control Crop Rotation Protected Cultivation Greenhouses Climate Control Water Supply and Crop Husbandry Types and Constructions Financial Turnover Organic Farming Soil Fertility Crop Rotation Sanitation Practices
17. 4. TOMATO PRUNING Pruning Unstaked Plants Pruning Tops of Plants Pruning Roots Identify Tomato Suckers Support Systems Staking and Spacing Options: Cages, Fences, or Stakes Basic Reasons for Pruning Types of Pruning Cuts Types of Training Systems Pruning and Fruit Quality Fruit Size Hollowness Earliness and Harvest Period Types of Pruning Maintenance
18. www.entrepreneurindia.co 5. DEHYDRATION/DRYING OF TOMATOES Preparation Drying Methods 1. Sun Drying 2. Oven Drying 3. Dehydrator Drying Packaging and Storage Health Benefits of Sun Dried Tomatoes Description of the Tomato Drying System 6. CANNING OF TOMATOES Preparing Equipment Preparing Tomatoes Packing the Jars
19. www.entrepreneurindia.co Adding Acid Adding Salt Closing the Jars Processing Step-By-Step Canning Boiling Water Method Step-By-Step Canning Pressure Canner Method Cooling the Jars Testing the Seal Storing Before Using
20. www.entrepreneurindia.co 7. PRESERVING BY HEATING Introduction Advantages Disadvantages Packing Tins Glass Types of Heating Pasteurization Sterilization in a Bath of Boiling Water Sterilization with a Pressure Cooker or Autoclave Tins Glass Jars Storage and Consumption
21. www.entrepreneurindia.co 8. TOMATO PULP Introduction Manufacturing Process of Tomato Pulp Sorting Washing and Trimming Crushing Pulping Hot Process Process Flow Diagram 9. TOMATO PASTE Introduction Raw Material Requirements Manufacturing Process of Tomato Paste Process Flow Diagram
22. www.entrepreneurindia.c o 10. TOMATO KETCHUP Introduction Uses of Tomato Ketchup Ingredients Required Process Description Process Flow Diagram 11. TOMATO JUICE Introduction Manufacturing Process of Tomato Juice Washing and Trimming Crushing Hot Pulping Extraction of Juice
23. www.entrepreneurindia.co Deaeration Acidification Common Salt and Sugar Packing Homogenization Thermal Processing of Tomato Juice In-Can Processing Bulk Processing Process Flow Diagram 12. TOMATO POWDER Introduction Uses & Applications Procedure for Making Tomato Powder
24. www.entrepreneurindia.co Primary Method Secondary Method Process Flow Diagram 13. HAZARD ANALYSIS AND CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS Terms Used in HACCP Developing a HACCP Plan 1. Assemble the HACCP Team 2. Describe the Food and its Distribution 3 Describe the Intended Use and Consumers of the Food 4. Develop a Flow Diagram which Describes the Process 5. Verify the Flow Diagram
25. www.entrepreneurindia.co Principles of HACCP 1. Conduct a Hazard Analysis 2. Determine Critical Control Points (CCPs) 3. Establish Critical Limits 4. Establish Monitoring Procedures 5. Establish Corrective Actions 6. Establish Verification Procedures 7. Establish Record-keeping and Documentation Procedures Prerequisite Programs 14. FPO AND AGMARK Goals of Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MOFPI) Roles of MOFPI Policy Support Developmental
26. www.entrepreneurindia.co Promotional Regulatory Organization Chart of Ministry of Food Processing Industries FPO Registration is Available for Following Products Requirement For FPO Application Proceedings AGMARK Salient Features of AGMARK Products AGMARK Products are Manufactured After Grading and Marking of Vegetable Oils Under AGMARK Agmark Registration is available for following Products Requirement of Agmark Application Proceedings
27. www.entrepreneurindia.co 15. PRODUCTS PACKAGING Introduction Definition of Food Packaging Functions of Packaging Material Packaging Materials for Tomato and its Products Packaging of Tomato Flexible Packaging Forms of Flexible Packaging Manufacturing Techniques Plastics in Food Packaging Use of Plastics in Food Packaging Types of Plastics Used in Food Packaging
28. www.entrepreneurindia.co Types of Plastic Used in Packaging Polyethylene Polypropylene (PP) Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET or PETE) Polyethylene Naphthalene Dicarboxylate (PEN) Flexographic Printing Digital Printing Printing and Labelling of Rigid Plastic Containers In-mould Labelling Labelling Dry Offset Printing Silk Screen Printing
29. www.entrepreneurindia.co Heat Transfer Printing Glass and Glass Container Manufacture Melting Container Forming Design Parameters of Glass Containers Surface Treatments Hot End Treatment Cold End Treatment Low-Cost Production Tooling Container Inspection and Quality Conclusion Precautions during Packing
30. www.entrepreneurindia.co 16. MARKETING Functions of Marketing Promotional Techniques The Product Concept Some Characteristics of Market Segmentation Organization for New-Product Development Developing New Products Planned Obsolescence Product Line Relationships Product Features The Sales Process 17. PLANT AND MACHINERY PHOTOGRAPHS 18. ADDRESSES OF PLANT & MACHINERY SUPPLIERS
31. VISIT US AT www.entrepreneurindia. co
32. TAKE A LOOK AT NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES ON #STREET VIEW https://goo.gl/VstWkd www.entrepreneurindia.cowww.niir.org
33. AN ISO 9001:2008 COMPANY www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
34. One of the leading reliable names in industrial world for providing the most comprehensive technical consulting services We adopt a systematic approach to provide the strong fundamental support needed for the effective delivery of services to our Clients’ in India & abroad www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
35. WHAT DO WE OFFER? Project Identification Detailed Project Reports/Pre-feasibility Reports Market Research Reports Technology Books and Directory Databases on CD-ROM Laboratory Testing Services Turnkey Project Consultancy/Solutions Entrepreneur India (An Industrial Monthly Journal) www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
36. HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT ? We have two decades long experience in project consultancy and market research field We empower our customers with the prerequisite know-how to take sound business decisions We help catalyze business growth by providing distinctive and profound market analysis We serve a wide array of customers , from individual entrepreneurs to Corporations and Foreign Investors We use authentic & reliable sources to ensure business precision www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
37. OUR APPROACH Requirement collection Thorough analysis of the project Economic feasibility study of the Project Market potential survey/research Report Compilation www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
38. WHO DO WE SERVE? Public-sector Companies Corporates Government Undertakings Individual Entrepreneurs NRI’s Foreign Investors Non-profit Organizations, NBFC’s Educational Institutions Embassies & Consulates Consultancies Industry / trade associations www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
39. SECTORS WE COVER Ayurvedic And Herbal Medicines, Herbal Cosmetics Alcoholic And Non Alcoholic Beverages, Drinks Adhesives, Industrial Adhesive, Sealants, Glues, Gum & Resin Activated Carbon & Activated Charcoal Aluminium And Aluminium Extrusion Profiles & Sections, Bio-fertilizers And Biotechnology Breakfast Snacks And Cereal Food Bicycle Tyres & Tubes, Bicycle Parts, Bicycle Assembling www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
40. SECTORS WE COVER Bamboo And Cane Based Projects Building Materials And Construction Projects Biodegradable & Bioplastic Based Projects Chemicals (Organic And Inorganic) Confectionery, Bakery/Baking And Other Food Cereal Processing Coconut And Coconut Based Products Cold Storage For Fruits & Vegetables Coal & Coal Byproduct www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
41. SECTORS WE COVER Copper & Copper Based Projects Dairy/Milk Processing Disinfectants, Pesticides, Insecticides, Mosquito Repellents, Electrical, Electronic And Computer based Projects Essential Oils, Oils & Fats And Allied Engineering Goods Fibre Glass & Float Glass Fast Moving Consumer Goods Food, Bakery, Agro Processing www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
42. SECTORS WE COVER Fruits & Vegetables Processing Ferro Alloys Based Projects Fertilizers & Biofertilizers Ginger & Ginger Based Projects Herbs And Medicinal Cultivation And Jatropha (Biofuel) Hotel & Hospitability Projects Hospital Based Projects Herbal Based Projects Inks, Stationery And Export Industries www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
43. SECTORS WE COVER Infrastructure Projects Jute & Jute Based Products Leather And Leather Based Projects Leisure & Entertainment Based Projects Livestock Farming Of Birds & Animals Minerals And Minerals Maize Processing(Wet Milling) & Maize Based Projects Medical Plastics, Disposables Plastic Syringe, Blood Bags Organic Farming, Neem Products Etc. www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
44. SECTORS WE COVER Paints, Pigments, Varnish & Lacquer Paper And Paper Board, Paper Recycling Projects Printing Inks Packaging Based Projects Perfumes, Cosmetics And Flavours Power Generation Based Projects & Renewable Energy Based Projects Pharmaceuticals And Drugs Plantations, Farming And Cultivations Plastic Film, Plastic Waste And Plastic Compounds Plastic, PVC, PET, HDPE, LDPE Etc. www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
45. SECTORS WE COVER Potato And Potato Based Projects Printing And Packaging Real Estate, Leisure And Hospitality Rubber And Rubber Products Soaps And Detergents Stationary Products Spices And Snacks Food Steel & Steel Products Textile Auxiliary And Chemicals www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
46. SECTORS WE COVER Township & Residential Complex Textiles And Readymade Garments Waste Management & Recycling Wood & Wood Products Water Industry(Packaged Drinking Water & Mineral Water) Wire & Cable www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
47. Niir Project Consultancy Services 106-E, Kamla Nagar, New Delhi-110007, India. Email: [email protected] , [email protected] Tel: +91-11-23843955, 23845654, 23845886 Mobile: +91-9811043595 Fax: +91-11-23841561 Website : www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co Take a look at NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES on #StreetView https://goo.gl/VstWkd www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co
48. www.niir.org Follow Us www.entrepreneurindia.co
49. www.niir.org For more information, visit us at: www.niir.org www.entrepreneurindia.co www.entrepreneurindia.co