Published on October 21, 2020
1. Presentation on Vertical communication (BY STAIRS) -Mohammad Aquib B.E. & Diploma in Civil Engineering
2. VERTICAL COMMUNICATION IN BUILDING is the term which says us about exchange of people, goods from a floor to another floor . VERTICAL COMMUNOICATION IS NEEDED in tall buildings, towers and various tall structure.
3. STAIRCASE : A series of steps arranged in well manner to connect different floors of a building is called staircase.
4. COMPONENTS OF STAIRCASE: Image- www.houzz.com
5. CRITARIA FOR A GOOD STAIR: 1.Location 2.Width of stair 3.Length of flight 4.Pitch of stair 5.Head room 6.Materials of construction
6. CRITARIA FOR A GOOD STAIR: 1.Location: a)Should be in light and ventilation b)Should provide easy access from various part of building c)Should be located centrally ,if possible 2.Width of stair: Should be proper so that user can use with much convenience ,width depends upon the location of stair. 3.Length of flight: A flight can contain maximum 12 steps and minimum 3 steps to give comfort and safety.
7. .....CRITARIA FOR A GOOD STAIR: 4.Head room: Unobstructed vertical height should be provided(2.1m -2.3m),so that tall person can use the stair. 5.Pitch of stair: Pitch or slope of stair should be suitable so that ascent and descent of people become easy. 6.Materials of construction: The advanced material should be used for the construction of stair as good tensile strength, fire resistance, waterproof material.
8. Stairs 1. Straight Stair 2. Turning Stair 2.1 Quarter Turn Stair 2.2 Half Turn Stair 2.3 Three Quarter Turn Stair 2.4 Bifurcated Stair 2.5 Circular Stair 2.6 Spiral Stair 2.1.1 Newel Quarter Turn Stair 2.1.2 Geometrical Quarter Turn Stair 2.2.1 Dog-Logged or Newel Half Turn Stair 2.2.3 Geometrical Half Turn Stair 2.2.2 Open Newel Half Turn Stair CLASSIFICATION OF STAIRS:
9. 1.STRAIGHT STAIR: The stair runs straight between the floors is called straight stair.
10. 2.TURNING STAIR: The stair which runs by Curve or Angle between the floor is called turning stair.
11. 2.1Quarter Turn Stair: The stair which change its flight by 90 degree,called quarter stair. 2.1.1Newel quarter turn stair: The quarter turn stair having NEVEL POSTS at beginning and end of each flight,called newel quarter turn stair.
12. 2.1.2 Geometrical quarter turn stair: #The quarter turn stair in which the stringer as well as the hand rail is continuous. #Newel post NOT used at the landing.
13. 2.2 Half turn stair: 2.2.1 Dog-legged OR Newel half turn stair: These stairs consist of two straight flight with abrupt turn. The flight run in opposite direction. There is no space between flights.
14. 2.2.2 Open newel half turn stair: #These type of stair have a space or well between its outer strings. #Remaining construction and features are same as dog-legged stair.
15. 2.2.3 Geometrical half turn stair: In these type of stair stringer as well as the hand rail is continuous. These type of stair have no newel post at the landing.
16. 2.3 Three Quarter Turn Stair: The stairs which change it’s direction three times is called three quarter turn stair. These stair are used when: • The stair room is limited. • The vertical distance between two floors is large. These stair may be either NEWEL or OPEN NEWEL type.
17. 2.4 Bifurcated stair: These type of stair consist of two narrow flights which start from either side of mid- landing. It is very common in public buildings. In this type of stair wide flight at the start which is divided in narrow flights at the mid-landing.
18. 2.5 Circular stair: The stairs which appear to follow a circle with single centre of curvature and large radius, when viewed from above. Circular stair are commonly constructed in R.C.C. or by cast iron and stone.
19. 2.6 Spiral Stair: Spiral stairs are similar to circular stair only the radius of curvature is small. Spiral stair is supported by a centre path. Spiral stairs can be constructed by cast iron,mild steel or R.C.C.
20. DIFFERENT MATERIALS USED FOR CONSTRUCTION OF STAIR (i.e, Fabricated stairs) 1)Timber OR wooden stair 2)Metal stair 3)Pre-cast concrete stair
21. 1)Timber OR Wooden Stair: The stairs manufactured by timber or wood is called Timber or Wood stair. Generally used residential building because of light weight. Timber used for construction should be free from fungal decay and insect attack. 2)Metal Stair: The stair manufactured by cast iron OR steel is called metal stair. Generally used in factories, godowns and workshop. The rise are open of these stairs. 3)Pre-cast concrete stair: These are manufactured by R.C.C.(Rainforced cement concrete). These are suitable for the construction of high traffic stairs. These are very much durable.
22. Thank you!!!