Published on November 10, 2014
Nowadays youngsters are more interested in becoming #Digital #Entrepreneurs. This presentation will help those who are interested in starting their own venture on an #Online Medium. #Virtual Organizations are the most booming industry with total market estimated to be around 50 Billion USD by 2020 in India alone.
1. VIRTUAL ORGANIZATION Serial Number 43 – 48 Perspective Management
2. INTRODUCTION • Its origin • Does not have a physical presence • Coming together of independent firms • Appear to be unified • Highest quality, lowest price, timely manner • Multi-actor system – humans and computers
3. CHARACTERISTICS 1. Outsourcing 2. Connected via Software – BOINC Berkley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing Grid Computing CPU Scavenging 3. Business Without Walls No User Interface Infrastructure in terms of tangibility. 4. Temporary Existence
4. TYPES Basic Types of Virtual Organization • Organization Network - Work organization that consists of several autonomous organizations and that crosses boundaries of formal organization. • Network Organization - Work organization of humans and computer actors that cooperate dispersed in place and time. • Objective Virtual Organization - Formal organization with humans and virtual actors in which virtual actors replace humans • Subjective Virtual Organization - Artifact organization within the virtual domain that influences participating humans.
5. TYPES ( CONTD. ) Composite Types of Virtual Organization • Front-Office / Back-Office- Optimization of attention paid to customer in front office. Optimization of processing speed, efficiency, quality in back office • The E-commerce Organization - Is a combination of a virtual shop with an efficient system of order processing.
6. TRENDS 1.Pace 2.Cost 3.Personalization 4.Globalization
7. ADVANTAGES •Modern management techniques and methods •Customer Satisfaction and market wants •Reduced Organizational Cost •Customization
8. DISADVANTAGES •Peer to Peer basis •Geographical and Legal barriers •Security system •Confidentiality and privacy
9. VIRTUAL ORGANIZATIONS